3870x2 = uk users bend over

I have just got used to it :( The uk sucks ass, my 8800gt was nearly $380

Well unless this card is a stellar performer i can safely say im gonna file this under the "kindly go fuck yourself you price gouging wankers" catagory. :mad: This thing should be about £260 tops.

That wont happen, i think this card will stay up high like the 7950gx2 did in the uk.

Its laughable how much we get the shaft, i know the $ price never equates to an exact £ price but almost $200 more is bullshit. I would have though there would be some price decrease due to not dealing with a second pcb but apparently its more of a price hike. A pair of 3870's can be snagged for £270, how come this slaps almost £60 on top of that, especially considering its using slower ram which id asume was another cost cutting measure :confused:

The card is actually only about $553 :p and then your wonderful government adds $97 in tax.

God I would hate having VAT added to everything. Out of state tax free purchases FTW.

Yep its crazy, things can cost up to twice as much over here, especially more quiet items like raid controllers.

The card is actually only about $553 :p and then your wonderful government adds $97 in tax.

God I would hate having VAT added to everything. Out of state tax free purchases FTW.

Thing is though in ameica the card still costs $460 (lowest ive seen it). Still doesn't add up how they come to the price they have it at.

yep, a whole 17.5% of it

:(

Annoyed by that now, pretty much everyone on the uk forums i haunt were expecting £260-£275 tops, but of course good old take it up the ass uk gets boned over royally yet again.

Gonna be interesting come monday, unless this card performs really well i think ill stick with my 2900 for the time being =/

Back