3930K/60X C2 vs. C1 OC thread!

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Lets start pasting our overclock results on this thread for the C2 chips. We can at least get a comparison going and find out if the C2's OC any better or are just the same.

**Comments are appreciated but in order to keep this thread on track lets just stick to posting overclock results.

Please use a screenshot or validation link to submit proof of your overclock.

Last edited:
Is there C2 stepping 3960Xs? I litterally just bought one and it's C1. Also, Intel's site only confirms C1 stepping for a retail part, whereas the i7 3930K's retail part has a C2 counterpart.

Where did you order? My first one was from Newegg and they gave me a C1. Order from Amazon. You should get a C2. I posted about this a couple of days ago.

I ordered from Newegg. I'll probably just keep the C1 since so far it seems to be a decent overclocker. 4.8ghz on 1.4v.

My c2 will do 4.5 @ 1.38v . After that it takes a lot to get much more. I did manage some 12 thread benches as high as 5.04ghz.

I ordered from Newegg. I'll probably just keep the C1 since so far it seems to be a decent overclocker. 4.8ghz on 1.4v.

I think the C1 is fine for everyone else. I needed the C2 VT-D fix for my vt stuff.

My c2 will do 4.5 @ 1.38v . After that it takes a lot to get much more. I did manage some 12 thread benches as high as 5.04ghz.

How much memory do you have and what kind of benches? Maximum?

The settings I'm using right now are:

Stress: Maximum
Times to run: 10
Threads: All

Takes me around 25 minutes to finish one.

My 3930 c1 folds all day starts 4.8 at 1.385v 5ghz takes 1.45v on water. What are you c2 guys getting on water?

From the vibe I'm getting, I thought people ( enthusiasts ) in general, were passing on the 3930k because of the heat / inability to get to 4.8 - 5.0ghz.

With 22nm and 8 / 10 cores on the horizon and the potency level of the 2600k, this waiting game is pretty easy to undertake.

Not to say, I wouldn't mind having a 3930k C2 cpu. But, I can wait til 2013.

My 3930 c1 folds all day starts 4.8 at 1.385v 5ghz takes 1.45v on water. What are you c2 guys getting on water?

I have mine at 4.8 but at 1.5v. Only way I can pass IBT Max (5 runs) with 32gb. I also had to dial down the GTs from 2133 to 1866.

I could do 4.8 @ 1.33 / 32gb @ 2133 and it's Prime95 and OCCT/OCCT_LINPACK stable for more than 12 hours.

Temps are around the 80's.

Comments are appreciated however this thread is NOT to voice an opinion for or against the chip. It is to simply offer your OC results.

d39eQ.jpg

Extra: OCCT

Gf99f.png

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2246168

Ignore the video card. The DCU IIs not here yet. SAD_FACE.

I think I have it set to 1.4 for VTT. I can't remember. I'm doing an extreme IBT (right click on IBT start) test right now (still not done).

Here's my temps when I max out the fans (profile set to performance/turbo).

NxnYj.jpg

I'll post the extreme IBT later. Takes a long ass time to get done.

just make sure its C2 by asking proper code on the box is C2 not C1. I have both now. Going to sell C1 and get SSD.

Back