3dmark 2001 is low with 9800 pro

jloutz

Weaksauce
I just got a x800 xt pe and before I install it i want to benchmark with my 9800 pro. My score is 6544 with a Pentium 4 3.2 oc'd to 3.6 and 1 gig of ram. It seems so low and I compare with people that have lesser systems and they have 20000 score. What is going on?

jloutz said:
I just got a x800 xt pe and before I install it i want to benchmark with my 9800 pro. My score is 6544 with a Pentium 4 3.2 oc'd to 3.6 and 1 gig of ram. It seems so low and I compare with people that have lesser systems and they have 20000 score. What is going on?

That is an incrediably low score for your system. Did you try running everything at stock?

I didn't try it at stock speeds. I have the 9800 slightly overclocked with ati tool but I have been running it this way for months. I'm play cs source and it runs real smooth etc.
I'm just stumped. I could plug the new video card in and see what happens.

Well I slammed in the X800 XT PE and now I get 24932 so I guess it's a "don't care" at this point. I still wonder what the heck because I'm going to install the card in another system at some point.

jloutz said:
Well I slammed in the X800 XT PE and now I get 24932 so I guess it's a "don't care" at this point. I still wonder what the heck because I'm going to install the card in another system at some point.

You probably has Vsinc forced on, and/or AA and AF _forced_ on.

Back