3DMark06 - Two days time

i bet the world record holders cant wait to get there hands on this 1

Gamespot said:
Advanced 3D game engine supports HDR Rendering with SM3.0 Shaders, in addition to SM2.0 Shaders

Includes two HDR/SM3.0 game tests and two SM2.0 game tests

Doesn't say anything about needing 2.0b

whoa futuremark.. slow it down!! and I thought 3dmark05 was overkill :eek:

I'm tellin ya - that Arctic shot....just....DAYUM

When actual games start looking like that...I mean....who needs reality?!

dderidex said:
I'm tellin ya - that Arctic shot....just....DAYUM

When actual games start looking like that...I mean....who needs reality?!
Lets all get frozen solid for a few years, so time passes faster!

daemionsos said:
Crap! I'm getting a root canal that day!
Fortuitous! When you get home, you can put your video card through as much pain as YOU'VE just been through!

Awesome!

3dMark05 has a demo where you can watch one of the sceens play out i think its the one where the invasion takes place .

K-LINE-101 said:
3dMark05 has a demo where you can watch one of the sceens play out i think its the one where the invasion takes place .
Ummm...yeah, that's what everyone is talking about.

WTF is the same scene doing on '06 again? Granted, higher poly count, but...the same scene? Unless that's the game that the advanced version contains.

Which would be pretty cool.

Oh goody, from what I heard it humbles twin 7800GTXs, dropping framerates to 11FPS. Futuremark Corporation: Your computer SUCKS, no matter how much you paid for it! LOL.

3dmark06 will make you feel like you own a piece of crap. If you understand up front that it means almost nothing with regards to your own gameplay--then you'll be fine using it to tweak your current card.

...in reality, crap like this makes the enthusiast go out and spend a shitload of money for a chance to say...I got XXXXX point with my new card. Then they play their games and see a not-so-significant increase in frame rates.

It's got its place in gaming--it's just misplaced at times.

Pkirk618 said:
3dmark06 will make you feel like you own a piece of crap. If you understand up front that it means almost nothing with regards to your own gameplay--then you'll be fine using it to tweak your current card.

...in reality, crap like this makes the enthusiast go out and spend a shitload of money for a chance to say...I got XXXXX point with my new card. Then they play their games and see a not-so-significant increase in frame rates.

It's got its place in gaming--it's just misplaced at times.

But hey, if it makes those benchmark nuts go out and give more money to ATI/Nvidia, they have more money for R&D. That's good for the rest of us, right? :D

computer game graphics are no where near realistic looking yet. and that seems to be where we're trying to head to. so more powerful/expensive cards are gonna continue to be produced, and people are gonna continue to buy them to play the latest games - irrespective of what some benchmarking company is doing.

Why a new 3dmark so soon? I thought it was every 2 years. 99,01,03,05,06?

Not that many people's hardware is capable of rendering the 05 at a decent frame rate even now. I can imagine the 06 won't be running on anybody's system very well for a while. People are just now "catching up" to 05 lol. :rolleyes:

My system is going to struggle to handle 06, it runs 05 like a peice of crap but I will run it anyway just for a laugh.

I am getting an x1800XL soon, hopefully that will help.

Brent_Justice said:
While this application is pretty useless in determining gaming performance, the aspect of it I do like is sitting back and watching the 3D demo part run.

And I fully agree it wont tell you much about gamming pref. But it will highlight the current bottle necks with your hardware in some extreme cases that attempt to mimic what developers may use in future games. And that info can be useful in some limited cases...

But yea the gfx are cool to watch :)

3dmark (any version) is a bogus company front for Nvidia and ATI to sell the latest hardware! :D

They throw in driver optimizations or cheats as some people call them to keep interest in the benchmark, which in turn, keeps interest on the lastest greatest hardware. And the cycle repeats itself....LOL

I've never given 3dmark one red cent and I've had fun with it. I know the naysayers never picked up the 19.95 version. Depending on what year you pick, it's going to either be an ok system (3d01), gaming (3d03), or video(3d06) benchmark. 3D05 in limbo, cpu bottlenecks show up in SLI. Maybe not the best between companies but great for OC tests. I still loop 01 somtimes for a good sytem stability test. 3d is just different then other methods sometimes. If I can loop 3dmark, my unsure OC won't annoyingly lock in game for me. I wonder what people would do if they really had something to complain about.

Most people don't like it because it makes them feel bad about there rigs. Well, futuremark had to up the ante because they actually thrive on what I said above about the timelines. Cpu bottlenecks are showing up in 3d05 probably faster than they anticipated. Anyways, big deal. Who cares if you get a bad score.

No reason to even buy today's products as they are far inferior to render any graphics with acceptable frame rates.

It will be 2008 until the masses will be able to afford anything that could possibly run 3DMark06 with acceptable framerates.

Gamespot has sent me my "3DMark06" page link thing via E-mail, they really are pimping out this badass game, wonder how they'll rate it :rolleyes:

Jbirney said:
But it will highlight the current bottle necks with your hardware in some extreme cases that attempt to mimic what developers may use in future games.

Which means nothing for games. What it will tell you is how your card bottlenecks in those extreme cases for 3DMark06. What worries me is that IHV's will take time to make sure their drivers are optimized for those extreme cases to improve 3DMark06 perf.

JRT said:
Am I the only who sees where it says "Wednesday, January 18, 2005 "
But maybe I am smoking drugs again and just don't realize it.!

I see 2006 so either they fixed it or the drugs messed you up. Share the drugs man ;).

dR.Jester said:
Hopefully this fries many video cards out there. ;)
At the *very* least, it can be relied on to convince a number of forum goers that their X1800s and 7800s are inadequate...which, timed so closely with the release of the X1900s and 7900s...should provide a lot of GREAT deals on the FS/T threads! :D

Damn, I started falling behind with 05. I only get in the 7k range when my card is OC'd, not bad for a year old GPU though, it served me well. I bet I'll be chugging along 06.

Back