4.5ghz+ STABLE OC People, Post your stable with proof Overclocks!

• Thread starter Deleted member 201992
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 201992

cpSUV.jpg

Nice OC, congrats. Shouldn't you include a longer term prime95 run? I can pass 20 runs of Linx easily (4.2GHz i7 930 OC on Air), but fail 8h+ tests?

Nice OC, congrats. Shouldn't you include a longer term prime95 run? I can pass 20 runs of Linx easily (4.2GHz i7 930 OC on Air), but fail 8h+ tests?
I don't have the patience for anything longer than 2 hours. I've found if I pass this or intelburntest for 20+ passes it's rock solid.

F@H will crash an unstable OC on this rig when IBT passes.

Prime seems to be a better indicator than IBT as well. IBT passed, and Prime failed a core less than 10 seconds in. Turns out it was my tight RAM timings. Prime ran through once I relaxed them a bit.

I have nothing to show as far as proof of the OCs listed in my sig, but that is what they are.

I don't have the patience for anything longer than 2 hours. I've found if I pass this or intelburntest for 20+ passes it's rock solid.

I would still suggest you do at least an 8 hour test overnight some time. I was wrong in the earlier thread, 480 iterations would be 12 hours not 24, so do 320 for an 8 hour test. Then you can be very certain.

Being certain of stability is most important when it rolls around to summer time, since your house may be hotter and if your system isn't very stable it might start crashing.

Last edited:
I would still suggest you do at least an 8 hour test overnight some time. I was wrong in the earlier thread, 480 iterations would be 12 hours not 24, so do 320 for an 8 hour test. Then you can be very certain.

Being certain of stability is most important when it rolls around to summer time, since your house may be hotter and if your system isn't very stable it might start crashing.
I may take you up on that sometime when my sleep schedule is fixed :cool:

I am starting to believe that most commercial machines will not pass this criteria. As a result, I wonder "what is the point"? For synthetic benchmarks .. but I do not have a better suggestion.

UGH those maxes on water are awefull swap blocks or get a bigger radiator if you don't have a 360mm in

Those maxes aren't that horrible. Especially for a burn in. The i7's run hot, its a well known fact now. If he was seeing those temps during normal use/games then it may be an issue, but after running any sort of stress test I would expect numbers around 80*C.

Nice work by the way. The VCore makes me cringe a bit. You do realize the voltage range on the 980x is still .8 to 1.375 right? I wonder how far my 920 would go if I had the balls to run it at 1.5V. It does 4.3 at 1.3v now.

Last edited:
On water those temps are atrocious he is overrunning his radiators cooling capacity also heating up the other parts of the pc that support these voltages

For gaming it is fine, the only risk I run is that of shortened life of the cpu but I don't do folding or anything like that, while gaming the temps are sub 70c.

Back