4 lines $100: Unlimited Text/Voice/Data

txsizzler

[H]ard|Gawd
Metro PCS has this deal going in-store. Uses T-Mobile towers, I believe, and they are offering 4G, unlike Straight Talk. Appears to be an In-Store thing only.

http://www.metropcs.com/metro/promo...=promo830004&int_camp=4for100-plan-hp-a3-spot

Breakdown: $40 for the first line, $30 for the second line, $20 for the third, and $10 for the last line. All lines get the $40 service (unlimited everything). Do note that in the disclaimer, that they reserve the right to throttle your connection if they suspect abuse (sigh).

Still, pretty good deal if you are looking for a family MVNO!

Edited: Originally thought it was AT&T towers, but is actually T-Mobile. Thanks goes to ccityinstaller for this update!

Last edited:
Pity our phones aren't compatible. I've been trying to ditch Verizon's 175/month for 2 lines bullshit for years.

If the AT&T towers thing is true... this is a really good deal.

Hell, it's a pretty good deal even for the first line!

I just want to know at what point they throttle your data (like the $30 T-Mobile planet lowers your speeds to 3G after 5GB)

Metro PCS has this deal going in-store. Uses AT&T towers, I believe, and they are offering 4G, unlike Straight Talk. Appears to be an In-Store thing only.

Why would MetroPCS, which is owned by T-Mobile be using AT&T's network outside of a few roaming agreements? I am 99% sure it is simply using TM's network..I just checked my area, which is served in full by Verzion and AT&T 4G LTE, and on MetroPCS.com's coverage map, there is no 4G coverage shown outside of about 12 major cities..:confused::confused:

Pity our phones aren't compatible. I've been trying to ditch Verizon's 175/month for 2 lines bullshit for years.

Don't want to get in trouble again, so I gotta be careful what I say..If you have a 4G Verzion, head over to xDA or Google to see if it will work;)..

Why would MetroPCS, which is owned by T-Mobile be using AT&T's network outside of a few roaming agreements? I am 99% sure it is simply using TM's network..

Thanks for the info, ccityinstaller! I updated the original post. I checked the phones that are compatable, and they appear to be T-Mobile compatable.

Don't want to get in trouble again, so I gotta be careful what I say..If you have a 4G Verzion, head over to xDA or Google to see if it will work;)..

I read your post that got deleted in the other thread, but regardless of how bad I am being screwed by cell phone companies I am not going to break the law to get the service my ridiculous, insulting, worthless contract should be providing me with. In the age of our American police state it simply invites random assholes to go after you.

Plus I use Motorola A855s which are not 4G so it's irrelevant.

I read your post that got deleted in the other thread, but regardless of how bad I am being screwed by cell phone companies I am not going to break the law to get the service my ridiculous, insulting, worthless contract should be providing me with. In the age of our American police state it simply invites random assholes to go after you.

Plus I use Motorola A855s which are not 4G so it's irrelevant.

Fair enough, although it isn't anything like my other post..The "law" that prohibits you from using your equipment (once off contract) is complete BULLSHIT, and is one of the few things I agree with Obama and the FCC on..Congress should never have been bought like a cheap whore in the first place but I digress...:mad:

According to slickdeals, it's the same as the $40 monthly plan, so expect only 500 MB for 4G

I believe the verizon iPhone 5 will work on t-mobile without any modifications.... maybe only 3G?

other verizon phones with SIM slots might work as well (eg Droid 3 with sim unlock and a radio flash

there's a reason why you are paying $175/month vs ~$60-$100/month (for 2 lines):

(zoom out to see the entire USA

t-mobile 2G-3G
http://sensorly.com/map/2G-3G/US/USA/T-Mobile/gsm_310260

vs verizon 2G-3G
http://sensorly.com/map/2G-3G/US/USA/Verizon/cdma_310verizon

if you are mainly in the north east or in a city and don't travel much, t-mobile is fine

Last edited:
t-mobile is NOT fine. Their coverage here is absolutely a joke and those fuckers extorted over 600 dollars out of us when we cancelled our contract early due to not ever having a fucking signal. If I had more money at the time I would have fucking sued their asses for sure.

green/blue = t-mobile 2G/3G
green = verizon 2G/3G
small purple = t-mobile 4G
big purple = verizon 4G

AG5KKKj.gif

green/blue = t-mobile 2G/3G
green = verizon 2G/3G
small purple = t-mobile 4G
big purple = verizon 4G

AG5KKKj.gif

I live in houston and using the coverage maps, AT&T is King around here though sometimes building penetration sucks, Verizon is second go figure, T-mobile is 3rd and sprint is pretty much tied with T-mobile. But even living in one of the most populated metropolitan cities in the US tmobile where it matters to me sucks balls and consistently sucks balls for the last 6 years. If metro PCS used AT&T towers I would consider this deal smoking hot.

if you want to keep your phones try selectel. they are a verizon mvno. but they use postpaid towers instead of prepaid, and you get free roaming unlike page plus. been with them since june, no complaints. here is a forum topic with info http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...d-on-the-Block-Selectel-Wireless-Verizon-MVNO

The fact I have to physically call them to setup service, the fact they don't have an office anywhere near where I live, and the fact they don't do their own customer service scares me off to be honest. We rely on our phones for our livelihood. Them not working, for any reason, simply is not an option. Verizon might be hideously overpriced, the call quality might rival telephones from 1923, and their customer service might be even worse than their call quality, but the service has never once been interrupted entirely in almost 4 years (our entire time with them), not even during the earthquake or that last big hurricane. T-Mobile, by contrast, was interrupted every single day, frequently due to poor signal but often just due to random sporadic outages, and dropped calls were more common than completed calls. And that was T-Mobile. You can understand why I'm sketchy on trying anything smaller.

have you heard about republic wireless? they have unlimited text/talk/web for $19/mo.. they use wifi and sprint towers.

You phone is compatible with a dozen or so MVNO's that would cut your bill in half or very close to it.....if not more

The only thing you wouldn't have is data roaming or true unlimited data...

My wife and I have a family plan for $40-$45/month sharing minutes. We throw the parents on there as well.

If all 4 phones could get 500G each, it might be worth it, but we all don't want to buy/switch phones.

Is this a "bring your own phone, just swap gsm chip" type of plan? I tried loading the web page but it times out. Also: Is there metropcs in Chicago?

Yes, this is TMobile. If your shit is compatible..

I was all ready to pimp this deal to friends, but I've come to learn that the throttle after the 500mb is 128kbps. Useless.

MetroPCS uses T-Mobile network for GSM phones, yes. But they still also have their own CDMA network, which won't be closed down until late 2015. Pre-merger, they've always used their willingness to port CDMA phones from other providers as a selling point, but I'm not sure what the story on that is now. Still might be worth a stop or call to see if this offer applies to them too.

Last edited:
The fact I have to physically call them to setup service, the fact they don't have an office anywhere near where I live, and the fact they don't do their own customer service scares me off to be honest. We rely on our phones for our livelihood. Them not working, for any reason, simply is not an option. Verizon might be hideously overpriced, the call quality might rival telephones from 1923, and their customer service might be even worse than their call quality, but the service has never once been interrupted entirely in almost 4 years (our entire time with them), not even during the earthquake or that last big hurricane. T-Mobile, by contrast, was interrupted every single day, frequently due to poor signal but often just due to random sporadic outages, and dropped calls were more common than completed calls. And that was T-Mobile. You can understand why I'm sketchy on trying anything smaller.

Not sure I quite understand.
The only positive I can see to vs or att or sprint etc is if one day your phone spontaneously dies then you can go into a store and get a new one immediately. However there are other options in such situations.
They resell Verizon service. If you lose service or something happens then Verizon fixes it. Mvno is just a reseller for the big companies.
Edit: forgot to mention I think the majority of us from howardforums used a selectel dealer to set up service. In my case I was hesitant too and asked literally around two dozen questions before taking the plunge. The guy I used always replied quickly (I did it online). It really isn't as scary as I assumed it would be. I was probably just as cautious as you are at first as well :)

Last edited:

If you want phone service with near 100% reliability, lots of data coverage, and coverage even out in the sticks, keep your Verizon coverage for $100+/mo.

If you're willing to give up a little of that you could try Pageplus for example with any Verizon phone - they're a Verizon MVNO.

Phone coverage isn't that important to me. I was reasonably happy on Virgin mobile (sprint towers only) for $25 and $35/mo even if the coverage wasn't any good in the boonies and there was intermittent outages. I'll take that for a quarter of the price.

I'm on Straight Talk for $45/mo now, AT&T towers and a Nexus 4. About as expensive as I really want to go.

Back