400Mhz buss with old processor?

Niku

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i was wondering, how possible would it be to get a 400Mhz bus on an old 850 duron, its unlocked so i can change any thing on it...and i do realize the clock speed will have to go up because there isnt a multiplier low enough...

i've alrady had to to 1.2Ghz and it did ok, topped out at 53C with an zalman 6000 ALCU...but i plan on getting something better on it if you read my other post is'll either be a swiftech or a thermalright)

Um, try it...

I don't think it will do anything but refuse to boot...I also think the odds of hurting the chip are slim because you aren't touching the voltages...

EDIT: But i could be missing something ;)

ive got a 1.4ghz T-bird ahyja on my dads NF7..its sitting happily at 200mhz FSB....havent tested higher for any long period of time..but for the 3 hours I goffed with it...it would do 220FSB with no problem.
Cant wait for my NF7-S due to that thing !

Originally posted by KingPariah777
Um, try it...

I don't think it will do anything but refuse to boot...I also think the odds of hurting the chip are slim because you aren't touching the voltages...

EDIT: But i could be missing something ;)

well the thing is i wouldnt get very far with out adjusting the voltage now would i?

like i said i can change any thing on the processor, right now all i have is a AMD 761 board i kinda want to keep so i'll try it out with a newer board

i had a duron1200, and it wouldnt post after 333mhz. i know it's not the board. and i could adjust the volts as much as possible, it would not post past 333.

Originally posted by Geno
i had a duron1200, and it wouldnt post after 333mhz. i know it's not the board. and i could adjust the volts as much as possible, it would not post past 333.

did you lower the multiplier?

I have a 1.2 Tbird that did 333 FSB in it's old Asus A7A266 board for about 10 minutes in windows before freezing. The thing actually had 166 as an option the bios... I set it to it one day, for the hell of it, and it booted, LMAO. I was on MSN talking to people with it for about 10 minutes before it froze. :/

I ran two old athlons both at 200fsb (400 effective), an athlon 1100 and an athlon 950 in an A7n8x nforce2 mobo with no problems, so I would say as long as the mobo will do it the cpu should.

I had to run the 950 with a 5x multiplier as that was the lowest it went, giving a 1GHz speed as a minimum.

i think i'll try for a multiplier of 6.5 to get 1.3Ghz...kinda scary out of a 850Mhz processor though...

like i said earlier the max i've had it was 1.2 and it scared me at that even

Back