$422 6800gt(bestbuy) or $435 x800xt(gateway)

Dyslexic said:
Oh my god he said it! YES THEY DO BOTH PREFORM WELL. Horray for Burningrave101 we have made some real progress. However our time is up. LOL

I believe the therapy is going nicely. I guess once he talks to andand about the H reviewing methods we might have real Hardocp'r on our hands!

Dyslexic said:
Oh my god he said it! YES THEY DO BOTH PREFORM WELL. Horray for Burningrave101 we have made some real progress. However our time is up. LOL

I've said it a whole bunch of times in this thread :p.

That doesn't mean i dont still think one is better then the other for my own reasons. Same as you have your reasons why you like the ATI card.

And knowing me and the way i am, i would probably defend whichever card matched the color theme in my case lmao.

burningrave101 said:
I've said it a whole bunch of times in this thread :p.

That doesn't mean i dont still think one is better then the other for my own reasons. Same as you have your reasons why you like the ATI card.

And knowing me and the way i am, i would probably defend whichever card matched the color theme in my case lmao.

Fair Enough. :)

I dont know about you guys but I feel pretty good about this :p

Hey Burnigrave what do you think is better AMD or Intel.......no no wait dont answer that..... forget I said it.LOL :D

Ok, so back on topic, the x800xt beats the 6800gt, the x800pro is on par with the 6800u except in open gl. And the 6800gt should be able to over clock and run with the x800pro. So the $435 x800xt is one hell of a deal!

creedAMD said:
Ok, so back on topic, the x800xt beats the 6800gt, the x800pro is on par with the 6800u except in open gl. And the 6800gt should be able to over clock and run with the x800pro. So the $435 x800xt is one hell of a deal!

OH MY GOD NOOOOO..... what are you doing?LOL :eek:

Dyslexic said:
Hey Burnigrave what do you think is better AMD or Intel.......no no wait dont answer that..... forget I said it.LOL :D

I'm not going to even go there.

Me and a couple of others found our way into the AMD section back around March/April when a thread got moved there out of General Hardware and it was massive scale WAR lol. :D

Resulted in the locking of about 5 huge threads in the end and a few people banned. It was my first FLAME WAR lol.

Since then i have tried to stay out of the name calling and stuff. I sometimes let the word fanboy or flamebait fly when i'm really irritated though :).

Dyslexic said:
OH MY GOD NOOOOO..... what are you doing?LOL

Its ok. I'm too tired to argue and to the point of not really caring which is better. I'll wait till more reviews get posted in the next few days and i'll save all my current ones i have already and make a nice "database of proof". lol

Take it easy guys I'm outa here but I am sure we will run into each other again.LOL. Later

burningrave101 said:
Its ok. I'm too tired to argue and to the point of not really caring which is better. I'll wait till more reviews get posted in the next few days and i'll save all my current ones i have already and make a nice "database of proof". lol

Is it ammo for a war? Why do you do this? Are you even going to buy a new video card?

creedAMD said:
Are you even going to buy a new video card?
Hold on I have to know the answer to this question. LOL We couldnt have gone threw all this for nothing. :eek:

creedAMD said:
Is it ammo for a war? Why do you do this? Are you even going to buy a new video card?

I'm going to wait for the 6800GT that i truly want which is a Gigabyte or XFX most likely. I might even wait till they start shipping some with different colored PCB's besides just green. I'd like to have a blue or black one. I figure Gigabyte or XFX will switch to one of those colors before too aweful long.

burningrave101 said:
I'm going to wait for the 6800GT that i truly want which is a Gigabyte or XFX most likely. I might even wait till they start shipping some with different colored PCB's besides just green. I'd like to have a blue or black one. I figure Gigabyte or XFX will switch to one of those colors before too aweful long.

WHEW. I was woried for a sec. Ok now I can go . Later

burningrave101 said:

I wish I could make up my mind, I'm just waiting for the 1.3 patch from farcry that's supposed to change the world. :rolleyes:

Kudos on sticking with gigabyte, I've had good luck with their videocards in the past, bad luck with their mobos though.

anyway, I'm gone too, later.

Yea i'm going to go shower and do something else for a while. Later.

Watch a bunch of nOObs come in this thread later and start quoting one of us and BS up a storm about how they think nVidia or ATI rocks and the other sucks ass. lmao

burningrave101 said:
Hopefully i can come up with some more answers to your FRAPS vs. Time Demo's question shortly

What I speak of is FACT, AI is NOT played back in FarCry timedemos and they do not represent real gameplay.

god i stayed up till 2AM played a few rounds of UT2k4, CS, NFSU, talked on IRC, and got a few photochops done just to take breaks from reading all this fanboi dribble from burningrave101 and it seems the entire point of the thread was lost at ohh about post 35 or so, maybe even sooner. =\

seriously bro, you tire me of this shit of trying to convince others that a 6800anyversion is the way to go...makes me wonder two things:

1)are you on the NV payroll or what dude? seriously i dont think even the marketing machina of NV themselves could do any better than the things said in this thread...

2) are you ABSOLUTELY sure your not also known as Princess_Frosty around here? :p :D

back on topic to the original question, me personally i would go with the X800XT PE the 6800GT _may_ just get up to ultra+ speeds but its not guaranteed speed/performance. IMO the extra few dollars now pay for themselves in the long run when your blasting thru games later on ;)

/rant

btw, can i have my wasted bandwidth back plz? xD

B1zz said:
god i stayed up till 2AM played a few rounds of UT2k4, CS, NFSU, talked on IRC, and got a few photochops done just to take breaks from reading all this fanboi dribble from burningrave101 and it seems the entire point of the thread was lost at ohh about post 35 or so, maybe even sooner. =\

seriously bro, you tire me of this shit of trying to convince others that a 6800anyversion is the way to go...makes me wonder two things:

1)are you on the NV payroll or what dude? seriously i dont think even the marketing machina of NV themselves could do any better than the things said in this thread...

2) are you ABSOLUTELY sure your not also known as Princess_Frosty around here? :p :D

back on topic to the original question, me personally i would go with the X800XT PE the 6800GT _may_ just get up to ultra+ speeds but its not guaranteed speed/performance. IMO the extra few dollars now pay for themselves in the long run when your blasting thru games later on ;)

/rant

Hey give Burningrave a break he has come a long way in the last 10 posts. He even said both cards are awsom a ways back. I know its hard to believe but we have a truce with Burningrave and he has hardly mentioned the Anandtech review on this page.lol

B1zz said:

/rant

I dont think anything i have said in supporting the 6800u has been any more fanboyish then what everyone else has said supporting the X800XT. Your just saying that because you like the X800XT. Otherwise you wouldn't of wasted your time even posting in this thread.

I've provided more then enough links to back up what i thought so i'm free to support whichever card i like more.

Both the X800XT and 6800u are nice cards and both of them are probably more then most people's CPU's can even handle even if you have a P4 3.0c or A64 3200+. Most of you will want to just stick with an X800Pro or 6800GT and not waste your money if the rest of your system can't keep up. Ither one will be blazingly fast. Not just one or the other. And the difference in performance is so small your never going to be able to notice.

Its the feature set of each card that i look at and the driver capabilities. And for me the 6800u has more features and better drivers, especially for linux.

There are alot of popular OpenGL games people play like Call of Duty, KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast, Medal of Honour, Hitman and Hitman 2, Deus Ex 1 and 2, Serious Sam original and second encounter, Tribes 2, Homeworld 2, Solider of Fortune 2, City of Heroes, Half Life, IL-2 Sturmovik, and many others.

Doom 3 is going to be a major OpenGL game coming out this year.

Quake 4 will be OpenGL.

And as they license the D3 engine over to other game devs the number of major OpenGL games will increase.

There are rumors of Half Life 2 having OpenGL support also.

The 6800's are going to be ahead in all of those games.

Here are some 6800GT OC's i've seen.

BFG 6800GT 430/1100
BFG 6800GT 415/1150
BFG 6800GT 425/1100

I havn't seen anyone complaining about their 6800GT not being able to hit ultra speeds yet so i'm guessing most all of them will do it.

The 6800GT uses QDDR3 Samsung 2.0 ns memory rated for 500Mhz (1Ghz).

Your not going to have any trouble at all blasting through games with ither card. Personally, i go with the one that supports more features. Which you decide to go with, and your reasoning behind it, is up to you.

Dyslexic said:
Hey give Burningrave a break he has come a long way in the last 10 posts. He even said both cards are awsom a ways back. I know its hard to believe but we have a truce with Burningrave and he has hardly mentioned the Anandtech review on this page.lol

I'm waiting for a slew of new reviews to come out, especially from Tomshardware, Anandtech, and Tech Report. :D

Too bad Nvidia will never have the 6800u in mass production numbers in its current form.

There probably wont be more than a few thousand ever produced in its current form.

Maybe they jinxed it by calling it the 6800u too much like the 5800u in all respects. :p

Orbius said:
Too bad Nvidia will never have the 6800u in mass production numbers in its current form.

There probably wont be more than a few thousand ever produced in its current form.

Maybe they jinxed it by calling it the 6800u too much like the 5800u in all respects. :p

The thread is about the 6800gtvsx800pro.

A lot of people have been discussing the 6800u in this thread like its as good if not better than the x800 xt-pe. Well can you call a card that will never reach mass production in its current form better? I personally dont think so.

Orbius said:
A lot of people have been discussing the 6800u in this thread like its as good if not better than the x800 xt-pe. Well can you call a card that will never reach mass production in its current form better? I personally dont think so.

That's why we are speaking of a 6800gt, it's availability is greater, and you may be able to overclock it to compete with a x800pro!

Orbius said:

Do you work for nVidia or something or how do you know the 6800u will never reach mass production? If the 6800u never reaches mass production then the X800XT PE will not ither because they both use the extremely sought after 1.6 ns QDDR3 memory.

creedAMD said:
That's why we are speaking of a 6800gt, it's availability is greater, and you may be able to overclock it to compete with a x800pro!

lol...I'm not going to even go there till a bunch more reviews pop out in the coming days. All i can say is that according to everyone else the 6800GT is faster then the X800Pro in nearly every game until you turn high AA + AF on and the X800Pro performs as well and maybe a little better.

Both cards are excellent.

Orbius said:

Even though this thread didn't start out dealing with the 6800 U, I have to ask, do you have proof of this statement. Last time I checked, I didn't see that many x800 XT's out either. Jeez, 6800 Ultra's are starting to ship out more and more by the day. And I definitely would not compare it to the 5800. Anyways, I would have to agree and say I would splurge an extra 13 bux and get the XT. Although I tend to lean on the Nvidia fence, the x800 XT looks to be a better performer than the 6800 GT

Grandmasta_J said:
Although I tend to lean on the Nvidia fence, the x800 XT looks to be a better performer than the 6800 GT

1088103190OpiXqZlfQM_2_6_l.gif

The x800pro is competing with the 6800u! the 800xt kicks the 6800u and the x800pro's ass, imagine what it does to the 6800gt! Yeah, I agree, $13 more is worth it for sure!

Grandmasta_J said:
Even though this thread didn't start out dealing with the 6800 U, I have to ask, do you have proof of this statement. Last time I checked, I didn't see that many x800 XT's out either. Jeez, 6800 Ultra's are starting to ship out more and more by the day. And I definitely would not compare it to the 5800. Anyways, I would have to agree and say I would splurge an extra 13 bux and get the XT. Although I tend to lean on the Nvidia fence, the x800 XT looks to be a better performer than the 6800 GT

Yea i would spend the extra money on the X800XT PE if you can find one in stock somewhere. The 6800GT will be able to hit ultra speeds and a little higher but thats it.

The X800XT performs on par with the 6800u so if you OC'd it it would be quite a bit faster then any speed you could get out of a GT.

Here is another new review today comparing the 6800GT, X800Pro, 6800u, and X800XT.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/136/4/

For Far Cry we did things a bit different then normal. First off, the game has been patched towards version 1.1 build 1256. Secondly we made sure that the graphics cards are forced to run Shader Model 2 as fair base of comparison. Next to that we are using our own Guru3D.com constructed timedemo to prevent driver cheats.

The results (frames per second) that you see below are a lot lower then in normal conditions as we modified configuration settings and make it as rough as it can get on the graphics card. All in all, at this time and moment, this is one of the best tests we can offer you to benchmark DirectX 9 compatible graphics cards.

Brent_Justice said:
What I speak of is FACT, AI is NOT played back in FarCry timedemos and they do not represent real gameplay.

What does AI have to do with it? I asked that in the other thread and i dont think anyone ever answered me. AI has nothing to do with the graphics card. AI and scripts and all that other jazz is performed completely by the CPU. Someone explain this to me. Why does the AI have anything to do with it? The only thing the video card is doing is rendering the AI has it moves across the screen.

burningrave101 said:
Do you work for nVidia or something or how do you know the 6800u will never reach mass production? If the 6800u never reaches mass production then the X800XT PE will not ither because they both use the extremely sought after 1.6 ns QDDR3 memory.

:rolleyes:

Manufactures are not sitting there going...ok nVidia...heres your two sticks of DDR3 and ATI, Here's your two sticks of DDR3. Come on, really.....it's called business. Yes...the limmited amount of DDR3 is effecting each company but to presume it is impacting both the same...or the only point of impact is silly.

burningrave101 said:
What does AI have to do with it? I asked that in the other thread and i dont think anyone ever answered me. AI has nothing to do with the graphics card. AI and scripts and all that other jazz is performed completely by the CPU. Someone explain this to me. Why does the AI have anything to do with it? The only thing the video card is doing is rendering the AI has it moves across the screen.

You just answered your own question. What Brent is stating is that in a timedemo the AI is not impacting the performance of the GPU as it will in actual game play. If I completely follow his statement....it doesn't impact it at all.

Blackwind said:
:rolleyes:

Manufactures are not sitting there going...ok nVidia...heres your two sticks of DDR3 and ATI, Here's your two sticks of DDR3. Come on, really.....it's called business. Yes...the limmited amount of DDR3 is effecting each company but to presume it is impacting both the same...or the only point of impact is silly.

Yea no kidding. But Orbius presuming that nVidia will never have the 6800u's in mass production and acting like ATI will have their X800XT PE's in mass production is even sillier.

Blackwind said:
You just answered your own question. What Brent is stating is that in a timedemo the AI is not impacting the performance of the GPU as it will in actual game play. If I completely follow his statement....it doesn't impact it at all.

Well then explain to me how a time demo works and how you create one. Because other then having more things to render there is no reason why the AI affects GPU performance when the AI is handled by the CPU alone. And why can't you record scenes with AI included and moving around in a time demo to get the same effect? Maybe i just dont understand how you make a time demo, so someone tell me.

so the size of a card has nothing to do with how fast and easily you can produce it :rolleyes:

ATI fits more per wafer, therefore they produce them faster.

taking out the prcoessing of the AI would probably lessen the CPU bottleneck because it has less to process, allowing the GPUs to shine more.

i would get the x800XTPE, so what if the 6800GT HAS THE POSSIBILITY of overclocking well, i'd spend the extra cash on the assurance of better performance and the possibility of getting even more.

and, dont cling to 3dmark2k3 scores, IMO you can only use them to compare new drivers/same brand cards

Grandmasta_J said:

100% proof? Never will happen because the entire point of the 6800u is to keep Nvidia's reputation, they would never admit that the 6800u's werent coming out in decent numbers because of design problems.

However when you put several things together:

1. 3 months later and no more than a handful of 6800u
2. Compusa according to their stock numbers will never have 6800u on store shelves.
3. IBM's Fishkill fab has been partially or totally abandoned by Nvidia after an intial run of 6800 parts depending on who you believe.
4. Nvidia's statement that they're desgning a 6800 of unknown clockspeed/pipes to be produced by TSMC. You dont see Ati designing a totally different chip for another fab do you.
5. Ati jabs that it wasnt how many dies per wafer Nvidia was getting it was how many wafers per die.
6. Nvidia stock has been taking a dump
7. Anand himself said that 6800u's were coming into the channel in tiny numbers only, while 6800gt was coming in decent numbers.

Doesnt take a genius to conclude whats going on, also Nvidia's done the exact same thing before with the 5800u, so why people act surprised this is whats happening with the 6800u is beyond me.

retardedchicken said:
so the size of a card has nothing to do with how fast and easily you can produce it :rolleyes:

ATI fits more per wafer, therefore they produce them faster.

If ATI is pumping them out so fast, then where can i find an X800XT PE IN STOCK???

Most of the people i've talk to say the X800XT PE is as much vaporware as the 6800u. There have been quite a few 6800u reviews lately without an X800XT PE to compare the results to because they weren't able to get ahold of one. I know i talked to one of the guys at Hexus and he said they didn't have one at the time of the release of both of their 6800u reviews.

retardedchicken said:
taking out the prcoessing of the AI would probably lessen the CPU bottleneck because it has less to process, allowing the GPUs to shine more.

There isn't a CPU bottleneck at 1600x1200 w/ 4x AA + 8x AF. The video cards are performing nearly all by themselves at that resolution.

Back