$45 Mini PC Runs Linux and Android

It's funny, they don't mention anywhere what CPU they use, or even what architecture. I assume that because it comes with Android by default that it's an ARM system, but the web site doesn't say it specifically. That's kind of an important detail. Knowing which CPU is used would also be very useful.

Entertainment Options

Meet your new entertainment hub! Powered with hardware acceleration engines for playback of 1080p high definition video and complemented with superior user experience when using the well known XBMC Media Center software, the CuBox-i proves to be the perfect entertainment hub. Wired or wireless, CUBox-i can stream, play, serve, and cast multimedia.
http://cubox-i.com/applications/

Heh talk about horrible site design - you can't even view the page without javascript enabled lol.

It's funny, they don't mention anywhere what CPU they use, or even what architecture. I assume that because it comes with Android by default that it's an ARM system, but the web site doesn't say it specifically. That's kind of an important detail. Knowing which CPU is used would also be very useful.

i dunno what website you're reading but it says right in the description it's an ARM processor..

Actually it is spelled out right in the first line of the chart. I.mx6 is a line of ARM Cortex-A9 SOCs by Freescale.

I'd rather wait for AMD Jaguar and mount the system behind the TV. Current Mini-ITX offerings suck.

Heh talk about horrible site design - you can't even view the page without javascript enabled lol.

Yeah, kind of crazy you have to remove the noscript tag in order to view the content. wtf

Isn't this thing a little late to the game?

I bought a rikomagic iv that's very similarly spec'd to their most high end version for $30 less on amazon..... rikomagic III being similarly spec'd as their 2nd highest model is priced at around $60 which is $35 less.

Aren't they pricing this thing a little high? I'm geniunely curious. even with the size of this thing being about the size of a quarter in the picture, the rikomagic plugs into the back to the tv and i don't see it anyways.

Back