4850 on Crysis warhead texture corruption?? or what?

dinlee23

Gawd
umm i sumtimes get some 1 second flash of white blocks or just sumtimes a tree flashes white fer a second or the textures flashes white ( i cant take a screen shot cause it goes so fast) but when i tested my 4850 for artifacts in the ATi artifact scanner no artifacts popped out so im just asking you guys if this is normal, or if any of you guys ever experienced this type of problem. my temps rang from 80-90 when playing warhead and crysis vanilla edition and crysis wars and i get these on all of them so is it normal or should i watch my video card more closely so that i dont damage it or is it just a crysis thing because ive never had this in any game before. i just want to clarfiy this thing since im deeply concerend about my 4850 lol.

umm i sumtimes get some 1 second flash of white blocks or just sumtimes a tree flashes white fer a second or the textures flashes white ( i cant take a screen shot cause it goes so fast) but when i tested my 4850 for artifacts in the ATi artifact scanner no artifacts popped out so im just asking you guys if this is normal, or if any of you guys ever experienced this type of problem. my temps rang from 80-90 when playing warhead and crysis vanilla edition and crysis wars and i get these on all of them so is it normal or should i watch my video card more closely so that i dont damage it or is it just a crysis thing because ive never had this in any game before. i just want to clarfiy this thing since im deeply concerend about my 4850 lol.

It kind seems more like a driver thing. Sometimes textures flash (or "unload" for a second), when looking at it from a specific angle.

Still, when you say "white blocks", you mean a whole texture formed by those blocks ? Or are they just random blocks within what seems to be a complete texture ?
If they are random blocks scattered across the screen or what seems to be a complete texture, then that may be a sign of artifacts, which may be caused by heat. Try increasing the fan cycle and see if it happens again.

well ive already adressed that issue its was only because i slightly overclocked my 4850 but its really not that much i just wen to overdrive and set it to 680/1000 which is really like a really small overclock but its retarded how the thing gave small flshy blocks on textures once in a while but when i put it back to its default speed i no longer had them.

its called setting up your fan speed to match your overclock because its probably overheating at those clocks try using rivatuner to tune the fans or setting up a profile more info can be found somewhere in a sticky i hope you enjoyed my comment with absolutely no punctuation because im too good for it lol.

Yeah what you're seeing is probably due to your overclock. Some extra knowledge for any other 4xxx users. In Crysis (as of cat 8.8, dunno about 8.9) you may have seen or still see "salted" shadows (little white sprinkle effect in shadows). To get around that problem set r_shadowjittering = 0.

In Crysis Warhead/Wars and cat 8.9, the issue is no longer present. Although, I'm sure the OP was thinking of white checkered boxes that flashed on-screen just for an instant, this is pretty much due to too much heat from an OC. This has happened to me a few times as well. Lessening the OC helps and/or upping the fan-speed as needed. Ambient/room temp also plays a large role of course.

well idk cause im running my fans at 100% but they say the 4850 is safe as long it doesnt go past 90. well i just figured out that im still geting the texture corruption cause the whole screen went white while i was playing at pillar and the background behind the trees went black so yeah ( its the second time it happened). i jsut switched to Dx9. i hope the problem doesnt persist anymore but if this does die on me i hope visiontek has a good costumer support.

Back