4870 have issues with Anti Aliasing?

MrFace

2[H]4U
Playing WoW with my newly installed 4870 and AA will simply not function. I have it set to max in the CCC.

Guess nobody knows eh? AA is hit and miss. It will work on some stuff but if I zoom in I see jaggies and in the distance I see jaggies too. Is there a certain AA function in the CCC that I need to use to get rid of jaggies?

Can you enable AA in WoW? That is generally the preferred method. I don't play WoW, so I have no idea if it is a WoW issue or not. Try another driver version just to rule that out, and try enabling adaptive AA

Can you enable AA in WoW? That is generally the preferred method. I don't play WoW, so I have no idea if it is a WoW issue or not. Try another driver version just to rule that out, and try enabling adaptive AA

adaptive AA is on. I tried normal AA and CFAA, all looks the same. It's not bad jaggies, it's really fine jaggies. I'll have to take a SS and hope WoW doesn't butcher the quality.

Forcing AA via CCC is hit and miss. If possible, use in-game settings to enable it instead.

My method for forcing AA using the CCC:

1. Open CCC
2. Enable Use Application Settings for FSAA and/or AF
3. Hit Apply
4. Disable Use Application Settings and drag the slider to desired setting
5. Verify that no other setting in the CCC has magically changed itself
6. Hit OK

Start game and see if FSAA/AF is working. If not, restart from #1.

Back