4870x2 can't change resolutions other than desktop Crysis Warhead

MaxGhz

Weaksauce
Long story to this point, but right now can load game and set all settings except resolutions. If I set anything but desktop set by game I get a small portion (size varies on resos set) of games first screen on the upper left of my monitor (ie does not fill the monitor). No problems with any other game. If I don't say no to reso change it locks the game on the partial screen and have to uninstall and reinstall including EA download manager (note: have to install the new crysis exe off EA site so game will activate too)

th_crysiswarheadscreendisplay.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can get no help from ATI or EA. Any ideas?? thanks

Next time this happens try this:
Hit alt-tab to get your cursor unlocked from the game window. On the taskbar, right click the game's button and click Move. Then use the arrow keys to move the window into full view.

Really appreciate your suggestion. The only problem is that is just a very small corner of the game screen (ie if you click all over it it will finally post the credits). That is the only link you can get on the screen. I may try it anyway, but when it does lock on the reoso set, every time you start the game you get this partial game screen. The only way to get rid of it is to uninstall game and EA download manager and start all over with a fresh reinstall? Again thank you for the info as I had no idea how to free the cursor.

I still don't really see what the problem is... set the resolution to something that will actually fit on your desktop if it's too big. If you can't set the resolution in-game, set it on the shortcut command line as such:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe" +r_width 800 +r_height 600

Obviously change the path to your installation.

Thanks. Going to try the in game settings as suggested. The monitor is a professional graphics monitor with 2048x1536 max resolution @ 160hz so it should display 1200x1600. Have no problems in other games. Just Crysis Warhead. Thanks again. Going to try your suggestions.
Don't really know what happened as was looking through the Crysis bin 32 files. Went back to game and clicked on full screen apply then the resos and it is working now. Thought that was the exact way I did it several times before but maybe did not hit apply on full screen???

have you tried alt+enter to have it go full screen?
That is coming in handy! Had the problem again when went back to game third time and did that and everything OK. Thanks for the tip.

UPDATE: Still having the intermitant problems needing the Alt-enter and AMD/ATI replied back and said to do the driver cleaner again and reinstall using the Asus card drivers. I am going to try that to see if can get rid of this last little annoyance.

i started using alt+enter with 3 games, Crysis, Crysis:Warhead, and assassins creed, they all wanted to launch in windowed mode for some reason *shrug*

Back