$499 26" Syntax LT26HVE LCDTV @ compusa b&m (No MIR)

I tried to get one but messed up by not looking at the ad before staying up all night playing xbox 360,falling asleep at 8:15 am and waking up late when they were all gone. :(

They go on sale fairly regularly. Lowest I have seen was $449 at Fry's (Fry's has them on sale the most)

needmorecarnitine said:
They go on sale fairly regularly. Lowest I have seen was $449 at Fry's (Fry's has them on sale the most)
I see them on sale regularly online, but the deals almost always involves a mail in rebate, and many people still do not have a fry's nearby ;)

Great TV for the money BTW.

I bought one of these back in November. Thankfully I was able to convince the CompUSSR employees to credit me the difference.

Really good picture quality, direct VGA or DVI hookup so you can run your media center box on it.

hey dude that owns one... i'd use this as a computer screen... is this model good for that?

Yeah they serve well as a computer monitor however there is some ghosting while watching tv. Could be the cable reception or a setting that was overlooked but I give it a thumbs up!

I've had one of these for about 4 months now and I wouldn't be satisfied with it as a desktop computer display. But I'm very happy with the cable tv picture (good) and HDTV and DVD display (very good) and it works ok as a computer display for surfing (channel listings, HTPC settings, etc.) from 6-8'. Overall I agree w/stuckpixel that this is a great TV for the money.

smart people bought it last week when there was a 200 rebate...then pricematched it this week..26" lcd tv for 299

The LCD is not all that bad and does exactly what a 500.00 26" LCD should. Don't expect to game on it, that is for sure!

Works great for internet, word processing and such.

R1ckCa1n said:
The LCD is not all that bad and does exactly what a 500.00 26" LCD should. Don't expect to game on it, that is for sure!

Works great for internet, word processing and such.
hmm, for every person who doesn't like to game on these monitors, there seems to be 3 more who do like them for gaming. I only say this because by the nature of your comment, you sound like you don't own one. I may be wrong about that, and if i am, my bad ;).

Rogue4mula said:
no games, no sale! :(
Don't base a purchase on one or two random opinions, google up the model #, research and get some info. There are tons of people gaming on 26"~27" lcd's. I'd say you should demo the monitor but it seems like all the chainstores have their lcd's hooked up via s-video. Buying from a store with a lax return policy can help (costco's?)

My experience has been that gaming is fine on this LCD but the clarity of text, etc. is not what I've come to expect from my LCD desktop displays (Dell 2001FP, NEC 1712) for everyday computer uses. I agree w/Jetski that it's wise to review many reports (AVSForums have lots of good info) and to actually try the set if possible.

Wow, right back up to $899.. Figured they would have eased out of the ridiculious deal to try to catch some people on the tail end of it.

Ya.. just called my local compusa in Indiana.. said they still had them but the deal was only good for Sunday and Monday.. I said.. come on, hook me up.. she said.. thank you for calling.. good bye!! Damn my rotten luck, damn it to hell!

Rogue4mula said:
is it just too bad with text?

depends on your setup

I use mine exclusively for computer use and think it is excellent for text, viewing it from about 3 to 4 feet back.

Now if you were to sit really close to it (like 1 foot) or very far away it might not be the same answer.

Good TV for the money.

That said, yes, wait for the newer ones. 1080P LCD's have just entered the market. Much better resolution for use as a monitor.

SJetski71 said:
hmm, for every person who doesn't like to game on these monitors, there seems to be 3 more who do like them for gaming. I only say this because by the nature of your comment, you sound like you don't own one. I may be wrong about that, and if i am, my bad ;).
I bought mine at Frys the week before Christmas for 599.00 and just got my 100.00 refund today :) Perfect addition to my daughters Shuttle / Gamecube.

My comments are based on comparing gaming and such on this LCD versus the Sharp 32" LCD in my bedroom. Unfair comparision (apples versus oranges) but that is life.

R1ckCa1n said:
My comments are based on comparing gaming and such on this LCD versus the Sharp 32" LCD in my bedroom. Unfair comparision (apples versus oranges) but that is life.

You couldn't get any games to run on it?

Back