4gb ddr2 800 $13AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, for 13 bucks, i'd bite if i wasnt already running a full 4gb complement already

edit: my lunch cost more than that today :)

Hmm. Ugly as sin and a $40 rebate. I'm on the fence. Anyone have experience with OCZ rebates?

yeah they are usually the fastest of all the rebates I do. usually a 3 week turn around...... usually

I wish I could get a deal like this on DDR2 notebook memory :).

Hmm. Ugly as sin and a $40 rebate. I'm on the fence. Anyone have experience with OCZ rebates?

I've submitted 2 OCZ rebates and got them both back in a little less than 2 months. Nice deal on some ugly ram :D

I dont do rebates. I consider them a bonus. If I aint willing to pay the full price before rebate I aint buying. Been burned to many times on rebates.

meh. there are only 5 reviews and none of them sound very knowledgeable. loved the "should I be worried about someone sniping my RAM?" in one review. :D
ive been looking to replace my 2x1GB ocz gold 667. maybe i can transfer my gold heat sinks (same shape, but gold) and it wont be so bad?

never had any issues with ocz ram, rebates or rma. Been dealing with them since the dfi 939 era craze.

i'm biting and these are going in a windowless case so it's all good for me :D

I have 2x2gb of A-DATA DDR2-800. Would there be a problem if I run all 8gb? I have a E8400 and want to get it to 4ghz, so would having 8gb help?

I got in on this before the price went up. Thanks for the link and the reassurance on the rebates, guys.

ugh if only there were high density ic's as good as d9gmh/gkx. i was pulling my hair out yelling at my motherboard that used to be amazing to 540fsb.

slack the hell out of subtimings and still max out under 500, despite sick bumps to vmch. oh well 4gb revolution I guess.

most people seem to do better though so don't get too discouraged?

sorry for this lousy post ;)

A lot of people think heatspreaders do more harm than good anyway, so pop them off and stick a fan on top of the RAM. If you're concerned about looking good, get a good looking memory cooler :)

What's the worst that happens, you void your warranty on your $13 RAM?

Yes, I do. I bought 2x1 GB DDR OCZ RAM from Newegg back in 2005. The rebate took about 3 or 4 months, but it eventually came. I never called OCZ to see why it took so long.

Anyway, it looks like the deal is now dead since the price is jacked up to $30-something AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back