4th EVGA card replacement

dslrjunky

2[H]4U
you can see it here :

http://hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1452645

so not even 1 month with the card same issue arised, what I have done so far after my 2nd RMA is purchased a 790i and bfg 850w PSU 4gb OCZ ram 285gtx, thinking its time to move up with my aging gigabyte P35 setup with antec 1000w PSU (now a back up) without even stressing the card and it is still showed up with the same artifact issue, now I'm at a lost and waiting for my RMA approval, this time I hope I get a different card I'm getting sick of this 8800gtx, I tested the card in my own 2 system and test it out on my friends too, just getting tired, now I wish my evga 285gtx is not a mistake...

logic would dictate that if you've swapped mobos, ram and psus that something must be funky with the power coming from your wall.

None of your other components die?

shoot the 8800 GTX and put it out of it misery.:eek::eek:

I'm surprised you are still getting the 8800 GTX back in RMA, maybe ask for something in the 9800 family????

Post this on the evga forums, they are pretty quick to respond, and often offer a better solution.

I've only bought 3 things from evga, a nForce4 mobo and two 7900GTs. I just had to RMA the mobo for the second time and I had to rma both 7900GTs (1 once and the other twice.) The 7900 chipset was notoriously bad though, I recall all the manufacturers having issues with it.

logic would dictate that if you've swapped mobos, ram and psus that something must be funky with the power coming from your wall.

None of your other components die?

crappy wall power source is out of the question because 1sr issue was at my old place now on a new house same issue, and nope none of my other components died only reason bought new equipment was an excuse for an upgrade

I've never had to rma anything from EVGA.

not going to help the OP, eh?

But I'm also annoyed at what I always see as 'vendetta' threads. <-- but I suck at interpreting things, so, I'm probably way off on this.

IIRC, there is a dedicated EVGA support member here, seach for a EVGA thread to find him, and sent a PM.

I notice you keep reinstalling vista. Is it the same copy? What drivers are you using? Have you gone back to XP 32bit just to double check that somethings not up with your copy of Vista? Since you GTX285 is working fine maybe theres some sort of conflict in the software with the 8800GTX

I notice you keep reinstalling vista. Is it the same copy? What drivers are you using? Have you gone back to XP 32bit just to double check that somethings not up with your copy of Vista? Since you GTX285 is working fine maybe theres some sort of conflict in the software with the 8800GTX

when i had to rma the very first time im running xp and a p35 after that i build a 2nd machine same proc new mobo 790i and 285gtx now all the last 3 happened with a new clean install of vista each time this happens

I just RMA'd a EVGA 8800GTX. They sent me another one back and I didn't even bother installing it. It was time for an upgrade anyway so I went with the XFX 5870. I did however have a EVGA 8800GTS 640mb and never had an issue the whole time I had it.

I have been very lucky and have never had to RMA a card more than once. *knocks on wood* I would make sure that you ask EVGA to do as much pre testing before they ship the replacement card to you.

yep i know it is getting ridiculous, i feel like it is an isolated case and I sure hope it's not a user error 4 consecutive times...

I just RMA'd a EVGA 8800GTX. They sent me another one back and I didn't even bother installing it. It was time for an upgrade anyway so I went with the XFX 5870. I did however have a EVGA 8800GTS 640mb and never had an issue the whole time I had it.

yep was tempted yesterday to buy a xfx 5870 @ a local frys, but my wallet and my bank strongly refused, I guess i have to keep my 285gtx for a little longer, or until another evga RMA comes along... EVGA's CS is nothing but great on my situation, but I hope that they send a different series of card if it solves my problem...

iirc didn't someone sugest ringing them and asking for a different card? (say a 9800gtx+)

They don't make 8800's anymore so you're pretty much going to get refurbished cards from now on.

Let me make it a bit clearer - the card you send back they will try and "fix" it and even possibly you may have received one of the cards you've sent back, then they will send you back a card that someone else had a problem with.

Do you see a patern here?

iirc didn't someone sugest ringing them and asking for a different card? (say a 9800gtx+)

They don't make 8800's anymore so you're pretty much going to get refurbished cards from now on.

Let me make it a bit clearer - the card you send back they will try and "fix" it and even possibly you may have received one of the cards you've sent back, then they will send you back a card that someone else had a problem with.

I already asked them about this and said that it's the discretion of the RMA representative... this is very frustrating, imagine if I don't have a 2nd machine???

yes, hopefully not every month I'll be here, I even asked for a label for shipping no dice..

I already asked them about this and said that it's the discretion of the RMA representative...
QUOTE]

If you ask for a manager or someone higher up i'm pretty sure they could help you out seeing as it's the 4th replacement in a very short time.

However if they won't replace the card with something newer i'm not sure there is much you could do without talking to someone high up the chain - which would be quite hard to do if they don't help you.

here's what've been encountering...

image004.jpg

image003.jpg

image002.jpg

Did you go ahead and post over on the EVGA forums? I am sure an EVGA representative will come along and try to do something. Posts like this don't bold well for a companies image. :/

edit : just noticed your name & sig. I thought computers were an expensive hobby until I met my 5D MkII & L's (14LII, 50L, 85LII & 100L IS).

Did you go ahead and post over on the EVGA forums? I am sure an EVGA representative will come along and try to do something. Posts like this don't bold well for a companies image. :/

edit : just noticed your name & sig. I thought computers were an expensive hobby until I met my 5D MkII & L's (14LII, 50L, 85LII & 100L IS).

yep, i don't see myself using a 5D MKii yet as I still have long ways to go to maximizing that kind of camera, I'm on pre-order for a 7D though :D

However if they won't replace the card with something newer i'm not sure there is much you could do without talking to someone high up the chain - which would be quite hard to do if they don't help you.

he is doing the right thing. If they won't replace it or handle the situation correctly, that is their choice. From my understanding, most of these cards are very similar and one of the few things that make companies different from others is warranty and customer support. A few companies come to mind for that. EVGA, BFG and XFX. If they (evga) don't care about threads like this, then oh well...

Contacting the evga rep (if there is one registered here) is a good idea though.

Good point. They might just throw it into the reflow oven and send it right back.

he is doing the right thing. If they won't replace it or handle the situation correctly, that is their choice. From my understanding, most of these cards are very similar and one of the few things that make companies different from others is warranty and customer support. A few companies come to mind for that. EVGA, BFG and XFX. If they (evga) don't care about threads like this, then oh well...

Contacting the evga rep (if there is one registered here) is a good idea though.

well i posted in evga forums and fired out an email to evga rep this morning lets see how it pans out, I hope they don't drop the ball on this one...

Back