5.1 AUDIO constantly DIED!!

YahonMaizosz

Limp Gawd
I have a Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional and Logitech z-5500.

Whenever I listened to Winamp and any other sound producing applications (except when watching youtube) for quiet some time, my sound would suddenly switches from Surround 5.1 to just the centre and right front speaker! This does not happened immediately. Usually, it takes around 10 minutes after the application had run for it to happen.

This is very strange as when this happened, Vista still reports audio a 5.1, my game still report as 5.1, Winamp still report as 5.1 and even the Creative driver report it as 5.1.... I have had this setup for 2 years and no problem whatsoever. This is very new and strange to me.

Is there an explanation for this strange happening?:confused::confused:

My roommate had the same problem when he first got fatality. Im pretty sure he fixed it by updating the drivers for either the board or the soundcard itself i cant remember exactly.

My roommate had the same problem when he first got fatality. Im pretty sure he fixed it by updating the drivers for either the board or the soundcard itself i cant remember exactly.

Thx for your resonse!;)
Unfortunately, I had been having this setup for 2 years now. Suddenly, after I installed Vista Ultimate 64bit, this problem start to arise. It seems like each time I game or listened to music, about 10-30 minutes later, the Audio would switch from 5.1 to 2.1!
I have the latest CREATIVE driver and still, this problem persists..

Have you left all the default creative services running?
I had a similar problem a long time ago with XP and found that one of the creative services helped keep the settings.
My problem only occurred after a reboot though but re-installing worked.
Try re-installing the card, something may have corrupted.

Back