5 degrees difference in dually rig normal?

TekieB

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay, I just built a dual amd mobile rig, and I booted and looked on my bios temp screen to see a 5c differecnce in temps....is this normal (same HSF) or should I try reseating them?

I'm not sure, but I think it would be safe to assume that when not using an SMP program, that one proc is taking a larger load and would be under more stress than the other so its temps would be high.

obyj34 said:
I'm not sure, but I think it would be safe to assume that when not using an SMP program, that one proc is taking a larger load and would be under more stress than the other so its temps would be high.

That along with the fact that they probably arent getting the same amount of airflow due to placement on the motherboard, 5c isn't bad. My friend has a dual 1ghz p3 machine, and his is 8c off (mainly because he has a fan on his door right over the main CPU, he thought it was the secondary one at the time)

obyj34 said:

this is idle in the BIOS (plus the higher is CPU1, not CPU0) But I had to pull them off anyway because they needed more volts (damn pin mods) so I'm using real thermal goop this time

Back