5 drives + 1 fan = new case?

mcravenufo

Ravenufo's Macs
I just upgraded to 5 2TB WD Black drives in my media server. The case currently is a simple beige Antec case with only 1 fan below all 5 drives. The hard drives get almost too hot to touch. Should I be looking at a new case and if so any recommendations?

The hard drives get almost too hot to touch.

Green drives, hot. Yes I would get a new case with better flow if you can't relocate the fan or add another to cool them.

What is your budget, case needs(mobo size, future expansion, ect ect...)

Green drives, hot. Yes I would get a new case with better flow if you can't relocate the fan or add another to cool them.

What is your budget, case needs(mobo size, future expansion, ect ect...)

The current case only has a spot for 1 fan and it cannot be relocated. My budget is around $200 for a case but for the right case I am willing to spend more. I do not need a PSU. This is only used as a file server so I don't need lights, etc. The motherboard is a Micro ATX board. I currently have 5 WD Black drives now and will be adding more in future.

ghetto-cable-tie a 120mm fan in place until you can fix the case issue. just a little bit of airflow goes a long way.

Economy case suggestions include a Antec 300 or NZXT Source 210

ghetto-cable-tie a 120mm fan in place until you can fix the case issue. just a little bit of airflow goes a long way.

Economy case suggestions include a Antec 300 or NZXT Source 210

I'm not looking to buy an economy case. I do want quality.

The NZXT Elite Source is a quality case that supports 8 3.5" drives, plus it has two 5.25" external bays that can be converted to use hdds as well.

Fractal, Corsair, CoolerMaster, Antec, all of them make several good cases. Lian Li makes some extremely nice cases too. All under $200.

Back