5 month wait for X800 XT PE order?!?! Thx ATI

Could the wait be nearly over? ATI actually called me today to say I should have my card in two weeks!

I'll believe it when I have it in my hands... still cannot believe they called... :rolleyes:

ReVRiN said:
Could the wait be nearly over? ATI actually called me today to say I should have my card in two weeks!
maybe i should have waited over 4 months for mine... naw. ;)

I've got the same deal going on. Getting a card through the developer's program for 40% off. Ordered on the 1st of June, so I've been waiting almost 7 months now. ATI called yesterday, said the same 2 week deal, verified CC info, now I'm just waiting to see if they charge it.

mohammedtaha said:
Are you guys ignoring the fact that he's getting 60% off ...

He's getting it for 60% OF the retail price.. aka 40% off.
Still a good deal though.

>WP< $lipKnot said:
Yeah and your smoking crack.

something stronger I'd say :confused:

I waited long enough for my Ultra before getting tired of it after 3 months and settled for a GT and some credit. Don't regret it one bit for the couple of frames I'd be missing. I suggest you do the same and get an x800 considering you can get that discount on the card from your mate but if it's coming soon, that's good but how soon? :eek:

I cancelled my order because the date kept getting pushed back (last ETA was January in November). Mine was going to be almost 25% off. Like I said above, no % off is worth it if you don't have it for months.

LOL, I called my ATI buddy and asked if I they could upgrade it to the 850XT PE - PCI-Express?

told me if I wanted a card before the summer I should just wait the 2 weeks. And if nothing arrives, sue the company.

Ok you have one game.

Again I think you are smoking crack.

The xtp3 beats the ultra rarely and when it does it is by a small margin. I am not a !!!!!! it is just fact.

Moloch said:

>WP< $lipKnot said:
Again I think you are smoking crack.

The xtp3 beats the ultra rarely and when it does it is by a small margin. I am not a !!!!!! it is just fact.

You are the one smoking crack sir !!

XTPE beats the Ultra in almost any game but Doom3 get your facts straight !!

SuX0rz said:
Get a 6800Ultra, the performace difference between the two is too small to warrent your wait. Get an Ultra and get to gaming!

or get 850 Xt pe and play the game how i'ts meant to be played!

mohammedtaha said:
You are the one smoking crack sir !!

XTPE beats the Ultra in almost any game but Doom3 get your facts straight !!

I guess for some it's about features.

SSAA
Better Linux support
Stereo 3D
I just played through Farcry in HDR with cold filter at 1280x960... did you?

I was well aware of what I was getting when I bought my 6800 gt, and I knew the 6800 series wouldn't be quite as fast. However I enjoy a lot of immersion and features that are lacking on the ATI side of things right now. When ATI gets them, I will go ATI again.

There are a number of stores with ATI branded X850 XT PE's now, so I'm wondering if they're going to be sending you guys X850 XT's.

pahncrd said:
I guess for some it's about features.

SSAA
Better Linux support
Stereo 3D
I just played through Farcry in HDR with cold filter at 1280x960... did you?

I was well aware of what I was getting when I bought my 6800 gt, and I knew the 6800 series wouldn't be quite as fast. However I enjoy a lot of immersion and features that are lacking on the ATI side of things right now. When ATI gets them, I will go ATI again.
This is a gaming site, and linux != gaming, no matter how hard you want to bleieve it is.
stereo 3d, ya, who uses that? You and 2 other people?
Get real.
SSAA- too slow for those with monitors that can do 1600x1200.
I actually meant the X800XT was faster than the GT, rather than the ultra, but just run it at XT-PE speeds and you have are faster in most games, and not to far behind in doom 3.
I have a 6600GT, so ya I've used far cry HDR, nice and all, but jaggies= death.
I'm surprised you didn't play the SM3 card while you're saying ati lacks linux support and stereo 3d- useless features to gamers.
You realize not every game is going to use openexl HDR right? UE3 doesn't, a game to look forward to.
>WP< $lipKnot, I couldn't care less what you think of me, your name doesn't make me think I should care about you, since slipknot is music for 12 year olds.

Moloch said:
This is a gaming site, and linux != gaming, no matter how hard you want to bleieve it is.
stereo 3d, ya, who uses that? You and 2 other people?
Get real.
SSAA- too slow for those with monitors that can do 1600x1200.
I actually meant the X800XT was faster than the GT, rather than the ultra, but just run it at XT-PE speeds and you have are faster in most games, and not to far behind in doom 3.
I have a 6600GT, so ya I've used far cry HDR, nice and all, but jaggies= death.
I'm surprised you didn't play the SM3 card while you're saying ati lacks linux support and stereo 3d- useless features to gamers.
You realize not every game is going to use openexl HDR right? UE3 doesn't, a game to look forward to.
>WP< $lipKnot, I couldn't care less what you think of me, your name doesn't make me think I should care about you, since slipknot is music for 12 year olds.

It's a shame you have never known the joy of playing HL2 on a 120" screen in 3d stereo. If you want to talk about gaming go ahead and add 8xSSAA into the mix. Now that is an experience to remember.

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT SPEED PEOPLE!!!!

You can bash these features all you want, but ATI doesnt have them, and I want them.

Just get a x800 XT insetad of the x800 XT-PE. The performance difference between the two is a joke for the pain in the ass and price gouging there is on PEs.

You can bash these features all you want, but ATI doesnt have them, and I want them.

In most (recent) games, you cannot use 8xAA with Nv cards @1280 or higher, so your highest AA will be 4x. Ati on the other hand has 6xAA, which is perfectly playable @1280 in a lot of recent games. XTPE can even handle 6xAA @1600x1200 in HL2.

Talking about features; Ati's tripple buffering in OpenGL games is a nice one. ;)

Apple740 said:
In most (recent) games, you cannot use 8xAA with Nv cards @1280 or higher, so your highest AA will be 4x. Ati on the other hand has 6xAA, which is perfectly playable @1280 in a lot of recent games. XTPE can even handle 6xAA @1600x1200 in HL2.

Talking about features; Ati's tripple buffering in OpenGL games is a nice one. ;)

My projector does 1024x768 so I use 8xSSAA quite often. It helps make up for the resolution difference.

Besides, my point is just that I am getting a superior gaming experience because of the "useless" features.

DandyBear said:
Your stupidity is more and more evident with every post! Add that one to your quote of the day.
you're lashing out at him because he has a valid fact?

I vote for waiting, cause 60% is well worth it!

Apple740 said:

It's not 8AA it's 8XS! It runs fine at World of Warcraft at 8XS and 16XANISO at 1280 x 1024, granted I have flashed to ultra extreme edition so maybe that's why I am running smooth as silk :)

ATI lacks features this round :p You have to be a !!!!!! to purchase a $500 PS 2.0B card over FP 32 and PS 3.0 card for the same price :p Hell I went from a 9800 XT to a 6800 Ultra, no IQ problems and the games just work right out of the box! No more tampering with CC or going back to the panel to adjust gamma :p

Mr Mean said:
It's not 8AA it's 8XS! It runs fine at World of Warcraft at 8XS and 16XANISO at 1280 x 1024, granted I have flashed to ultra extreme edition so maybe that's why I am running smooth as silk :)

ATI lacks features this round :p You have to be a !!!!!! to purchase a $500 PS 2.0B card over FP 32 and PS 3.0 card for the same price :p Hell I went from a 9800 XT to a 6800 Ultra, no IQ problems and the games just work right out of the box! No more tampering with CC or going back to the panel to adjust gamma :p
Sorry, but you're mental.
WOW isn't graphically demanding, everyone(cept you) knows that.
What does SM3 yield over SM2B?
Far cry shows large gains with both SM2B and SM3, anf generally likes ati cards better.
FP32 is a moot point when you have FP24, no games show artifacting now, and also nvidia's optimization guide says to use FP16 whenever possible(for the 6XXX series even) so if devs listen to that, then you're not even going to be using FP32 all the time, why use FP32 when you can use something that gives more performance with no IQ diff?
Speaking of MMORPG, EQ2 only uses SM1 for the goog looking chars, and poor looking environments.

WOW I had to go thru the same thing back in the x800xt rush back in May of 2004. I went from CompUSA, to ATI, to PCNation, to CDW, to nothing. I finally bought a used visiontek x800 pro from ebay then went to a 6800 ultra now. I have to say the 6800U is my fav card ever.

Moloch said:
Sorry, but you're mental.
WOW isn't graphically demanding, everyone(cept you) knows that.
What does SM3 yield over SM2B?
Far cry shows large gains with both SM2B and SM3, anf generally likes ati cards better.
FP32 is a moot point when you have FP24, no games show artifacting now, and also nvidia's optimization guide says to use FP16 whenever possible(for the 6XXX series even) so if devs listen to that, then you're not even going to be using FP32 all the time, why use FP32 when you can use something that gives more performance with no IQ diff?
Speaking of MMORPG, EQ2 only uses SM1 for the goog looking chars, and poor looking environments.

This is what the guy said

In most (recent) games, you cannot use 8xAA with Nv cards @1280 or higher, so your highest AA will be 4x.

Have you EVEN played World of Warcraft to even make that statement? Did you ever been rushed in ironforge with 60+ horde and 60+ alliance members fighting it out? Yeah my 9800 XT is brought to its KNEES in that combat while my 6800 Ultra is going strong!

I guess the ATI !!!!!!s Farcry story never gets old does :p Oh well atleast I can play farcry in HDR and you can't!

Yeah the great thing about nvidia you can run on 16FP and 32FP while the ATI can't. Hell there was a huge thread about how Valve optimized Half-Life II for FP24 so the 5800 Ultra won't stay competitive :p It was amazing how it looked the same with FP16.

What are you talking about developers are not listening. Nvidia is pushing PS 3.0 harder than anything so their hardware is optimzed for it. All DEVELOPERS have Nvidia cards in their boxes who want to use DirectX 9.0C compliant video cards. ATI is playing catchup with " when the market is ready bit" I also love the shader replacement with CC to improve performance now :p Remember when they said they will never replace shaders for that's not what the developers wanted ? :p

I don't play Everquest II so I have no idea about their hardware requirements.

Hey it's your $500, and ATI will love you more when you spend another $500 on their recycled R3XX core now with PS 3.0 and dual slot cooling! :p

It's your money enjoy your hardware.

Time for me to admit I was wrong.

After all this time, I got an email TODAY saying my order is cancelled :mad:

They did give me the option of a discount on a 800xl as long as I ordered it by yesterday.

I am no longer a fan of ATI.

I will look much closer at nVidia cards next time.

There are people still wating for their Dell X800 XT-PE for $300 that they ordered in June 2004 - over 6 months now :eek:

At some point, it doesn't make sense to wait no matter the savings. Time IS money and time waiting is time lost from gaming.

OMFG IT ARRIVED :)

I might be pissed about the wait time... but after playing Halflife 2 for the past two hours I'm happier then a pig in sh!t!!!

:eek: Love the resolutions... ahhh now I'm happy.

Mr Mean said:
This is what the guy said

Have you EVEN played World of Warcraft to even make that statement? Did you ever been rushed in ironforge with 60+ horde and 60+ alliance members fighting it out? Yeah my 9800 XT is brought to its KNEES in that combat while my 6800 Ultra is going strong!

I guess the ATI !!!!!!s Farcry story never gets old does :p Oh well atleast I can play farcry in HDR and you can't!

Yeah the great thing about nvidia you can run on 16FP and 32FP while the ATI can't. Hell there was a huge thread about how Valve optimized Half-Life II for FP24 so the 5800 Ultra won't stay competitive :p It was amazing how it looked the same with FP16.

What are you talking about developers are not listening. Nvidia is pushing PS 3.0 harder than anything so their hardware is optimzed for it. All DEVELOPERS have Nvidia cards in their boxes who want to use DirectX 9.0C compliant video cards. ATI is playing catchup with " when the market is ready bit" I also love the shader replacement with CC to improve performance now :p Remember when they said they will never replace shaders for that's not what the developers wanted ? :p

I don't play Everquest II so I have no idea about their hardware requirements.

Hey it's your $500, and ATI will love you more when you spend another $500 on their recycled R3XX core now with PS 3.0 and dual slot cooling! :p

It's your money enjoy your hardware.
WOW is a pos game from a graphical perspective, like all MMORPG games.
They either look good and play like shit, or look crappy and play good, or both.
Tell me, how can you optimize a game for Fp24?
You either optimize it for a full precision(defined by FP24 or higher) or half precision( Fp16).
If you want to blame someone for letting FP24 exist, blame microsoft, since they thought it was good enough to be called full precision for SM2, but what do they know?
You won't be playing far cry in HDR mode if you are a real gamer, not someone you likes overexposed games, and likes jaggies.
Accurary>OMG ITS BRIGHT ITS HDR..
Btw, I realize HDR can be accurate, but far cry's implementation is currenty set so it's over bright, likely to so people will realize it's even on, so they can claim their engine is more advanced then others.
Since when is ati replaceing shaders with less less accurate ones? The IQ is identical, unlike nvidia during the NV30 fiasco, infact, it can even improve IQ, I don't real nvidia ever improving iq with optimizations.
:rolleyes:
There's nothing wrong with optimizing if it doesn't compromise image quality.
Ati isn't close to paying catchup, the current DX9 games were likely coded on ati boxes since their first DX9 part could actually handle DX9 games.
While devs may be using 6800's to develop SM3 games atm, there is nothing good or bad about it.
If they aren't nvidia's bitch, they can use the SM2B path for ati cards and get performance gains by using dynamic branching and geometry instacing, just as with the 6800.
Btw, ati doesn't really gain anything if they wanted to prevent devs from using SM3, since their next highend part is SM3, so they could be hurting themselvs, I think there simply should be an ati path and an nvidia path.
So far it's plan for FP24 hasn't hurt them at all, no games so artifacts, and the performance is excellent.
SM3's additional number of instructions is a moot point when you're not even using the max number for SM2.
If you want to be using a 6XXX card when the first True games come out, be my guest.

haroldmeyer said:
Did you get the PE or did they sub it?

I got the ATI x800 XT PE in the full ATI retail box... I am told there might be a coupon for for HL2 coming for my wait... too bad I already bought the game the day it came out.

Back