50" 4k for $1299

Although it only does 30Hz at 2160p, this display does 120Hz at 1080p.

Something to remember if you're looking for a 120Hz-capable 50" display.
Also don't forget the new $699 model (39" SEIKI) which can also do 4K@30hz and 1080p@120Hz too.

I think I saw a thread somewhere about these being overclocked and getting true 120Hz....

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't think that 4k @ 120hz is possible with the current HDMI spec. IIRC from the other thread people were able to increase the refresh rate a little, but not much.

Amazon has it on sale for $1094.60 right now. I just bought mine. :)
This TV has no OC potential beyond the origional HDMI spec due to the internal scaler that kills the image once you go beyond 31Hz.
I'm running 4k @ 40Hz currently due to the HDMI 340MHz pixel clock limit I'm pretty sure I can push it further though as soon as the limit is lifted once HDMI 2.0 is introduced.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Maarten have you overclocked your HDMI chip on your GPU to go above the 340 MHz limit, or are you talking about the HDMI chip on the TV limiting you?

Maarten have you overclocked your HDMI chip on your GPU to go above the 340 MHz limit, or are you talking about the HDMI chip on the TV limiting you?
I tried but it wouldn't go past it even with the pixel clock fixer do you think the TV is at its limit?
I'm hoping the Bizlink DP to HDMI adapter might change things a bit it better be an active adapter otherwise it'll just be HDMI

Are you using nvidia gpu? I take it you raised the hdmi limit with ToastyXs patcher?

Although it only does 30Hz at 2160p, this display does 120Hz at 1080p.

Something to remember if you're looking for a 120Hz-capable 50" display.
Also don't forget the new $699 model (39" SEIKI) which can also do 4K@30hz and 1080p@120Hz too.

What's the quality like at 1080p on these panels ?

Back