$50 Gift Card at BB w. select MP3 Players

Ok so you got to Best Buy and take along your Circuiy City ad because you can pricematch the SanDisk Sansa 512MB* MP3 Player - Blue for $64.99 and get the $50 Gift Card.
By the way the Sandisk sugested price for this is 79.99, thanks for the 94.99 ass rape Best Buy!
Model: SDMX3-512-A18

By the way the Sandisk sugested price for this is 79.99, thanks for the 94.99 ass rape Best Buy!

I work at Best Buy. We sell them for 79.99.

That's what goes on at my store anyway.

blowjustinup said:

don't flame him that quickly man. check his link. it's listed as 94.99 on bby's website

also, i was looking at the website and i'm wondering if this is an online only thing? i don't see it say anything about the store, except that the mp3 player can be picked up at the store. however, the one you listed is listed as sold out, albeit available at my local stores, but it doesnt let me add it to cart and choose pickup instore

blowjustinup said:

Check the link - I went to BB and verified this. They also F-up'd the print ad, it reads 99.99 not 94.99 like the link and instore price
pwned6.jpg

ziddey said:
don't flame him that quickly man. check his link. it's listed as 94.99 on bby's website
how the eff was he flaming? he was merely saying at his store its sold for MSRP. God damn put away your billy club

alright, anyywayyyy....

is anyone sure that this works instore? i'm going to give it a shot today if no one knows, but i wont be able to post results until late in the night

ziddey said:
is anyone sure that this works instore? i'm going to give it a shot today if no one knows, but i wont be able to post results until late in the night
It works in store. I bought 2 512MB Zen Nano players ($89.99 including a $50 Gift Card each), one after the other and using the first gift card to purchase the second player. $144 after tax for both and I still have another $50 gift card to spend. :D

The 512MB Sansa is $94.99 at my local BB. There's a longer thread on FW. It's $94.99 in most stores. Huge YMMV on finding it for $79.99 at BB.

Supa Hot Deal.
Local Circuit City ad has it for $65.00. I'm gonna see tonight if I can get the price match and the free $50.00 card. Then get me the X-Fi sound card for $80.00!

FreshPrinceOfBellAir said:
Check the link - I went to BB and verified this. They also F-up'd the print ad, it reads 99.99 not 94.99 like the link and instore price
pwned6.jpg

I appreciate the Link, I actually got this deal last week and thought I had already seen this at the Ben's Bargain site and forgot to post.

However, I do not think you can call your owned "Power owned" or other "dudespeak" cliches. I think someone else has to first, then and only then can respond in kind.

After researching this I discovered that in their price matching policy it states about rebates, gift cards, etc. given with price matching.

How do you handle a price match if the Best Buy price includes a rebate, gift card or other promotional offer?
Our purchase price is calculated by deducting the value of all discounts, free items and mail-in rebates when determining our purchase price. Simply put, a refund or price match will be based on the purchase price at Best Buy after all discounts and promotions are applied.

We offer you the choice between the Best Buy purchase price or the competitor's price. (See details below for how we handle competitor rebates.) If you choose a competitor's price, applicable Best Buy rebates will no longer apply and will not be fulfilled. Free items received during the original purchase must either be returned or their value paid for. This applies to "packages" or "bundle rebates" as well. If you choose the competitor's offer, the entire original package or bundle rebate is invalid.

If you prefer a current Best Buy offer instead of your original Best Buy offer, you must accept either the entire current offer, or your entire original offer. You may not, for example, receive both a current advertised sale price and a rebate that was in effect at the time of your original purchase but is no longer available. You may choose the offer that is best for you.

So I guess me complaining won't help cause it is in their policy you get one or the other. So much for this deal... lol I did try though! It may work for some of you, but I am not going to hassle people for it, so good luck.

Price Match Policy

Jared

DrDebug said:
worked for me - helps being old and respectable :D
I got refused on a PM for the Zen Micro. :( Oh well. YMMV as usual.

All I was saying before is that I work at best buy, as a cashier, and have personally rang up these sandisk players, and given the gift card for the price of 79.99. Maybe my store got messed up some how, but that's how it was.

Also, to the guy who posted the return policy - You might want to try anyway, the computers automatically issue the free gift card, you can't complete the sale without putting it in. I've never done this on this particular item, but I have been made to combine non-combinable promotions, just because the computer made me, so it's worth a try.

Again, this is from my personal experience. Your experience may be completely different. All I'm saying is that if you got me as your cashier - you'd get the price match and the gift card, mainly because that's how the computer system works, but also because they never took the time to explain that part of the policy to me. :p

Alright, I tried this today as posted on fw. No dice. Someone beat me to it. Condition is either gc or pm, but not both. I will try tomorrow if they still have what I want in stock. I will try to get the gc. Then goto the service line and request a gift receipt and also pm afterwards with my circuit city pm sheet. Hopefully that'll work.

ziddey said:
Alright, I tried this today as posted on fw. No dice. Someone beat me to it. Condition is either gc or pm, but not both. I will try tomorrow if they still have what I want in stock. I will try to get the gc. Then goto the service line and request a gift receipt and also pm afterwards with my circuit city pm sheet. Hopefully that'll work.
wwhats the point of gettin a gift receipt?

blowjustinup said:
All I was saying before is that I work at best buy, as a cashier, and have personally rang up these sandisk players, and given the gift card for the price of 79.99. Maybe my store got messed up some how, but that's how it was.

Also, to the guy who posted the return policy - You might want to try anyway, the computers automatically issue the free gift card, you can't complete the sale without putting it in. I've never done this on this particular item, but I have been made to combine non-combinable promotions, just because the computer made me, so it's worth a try.

Again, this is from my personal experience. Your experience may be completely different. All I'm saying is that if you got me as your cashier - you'd get the price match and the gift card, mainly because that's how the computer system works, but also because they never took the time to explain that part of the policy to me. :p

Don't you have to price match at customer service though? Didn't think you can do it through a normal cashier. Is it an actual gift card or something that gets printed on your receipt?

Thanks,
Jared

The week before Thanksgiving, I bought the 1GB version of the Sansa at BB for $80. It's funny how the price changed so drastically.

Well I got lucky. Got Best Buy to match the prices and got the gift cards. Picked up 5 of these mp3 players from the local BestBuy by my house. Practically cleaned them out of their stock.

no dice for me. the bby here was out of 6gb zen micro silvers so i had to get a 5gb one which was the same price. after i bought it i took it to the desk and requested a pm, but was told either gc or pm. guess ill have to try another bby tomorrow

MaStA819 said:
Don't you have to price match at customer service though? Didn't think you can do it through a normal cashier. Is it an actual gift card or something that gets printed on your receipt?

Thanks,
Jared

Nope, price matching can be done on a normal register, and yes, it's an actual gift card.

Back