50+ minutes of gameplay : Guild Wars 2

How is Guild wars in general? Never played it. Is the Trial worth it?

Last edited:
How is Guild wars in general? Never played it. Is the Trial worth it?

Since there's no subscription fee, you can't really not get your money's worth if you just play the missions with just the NPC mercenaries or something.

I played it for a long time and go back every now and then.

So is Guild Wars 1 worth buying then? I've always eyed Guild Wars but never knew much about it. Care to shed some light on it?

So is Guild Wars 1 worth buying then? I've always eyed Guild Wars but never knew much about it. Care to shed some light on it?

I would wait on it. Guild Wars 1 is pretty old and as soon as 2 comes out nobody will be playing. It is a bit like WoW without the monthly fees. Different sure, but I don't know enough about these games to define it.

The animations when going from a straight line to running diagonally/strafing seem a bit abrupt, hope they sort that out before release. Guess AoC's mocap spoiled me in that respect, game looks fun otherwise.

Kind of irritates me how games like this create ranger characters which just spunk out arrows in rapid-fire, though. Guess they want to up the tempo of the game or whatever, just seems a bit of a silly thing.

That ranger needs a quiver and some arrows. Yea, and maybe slow down her rate of fire. Make it more like a real bow. It could be a little fast, but that thing fires like an assault weapon on semi auto!

Over all I like what I saw, I am pretty sure it will be a launch title for me, unless it gets a real bad rap during beta. What we saw of the map when he was playing the Necro looked huge.

I can't wait for this to come out!! It's been years in development.

Ok thanks, go back to playing WoW then. :rolleyes::eek:

Actually I logged in hundreds of hours in the original game + campaigns before my account was perma-banned because the stupid kids in this game couldn't take taunting in RA/random insults and had their trigger fingers fixed on the /report button.

And the graphics in theses videos suck, everything looks grey and bland, the combat does not seem believable either especially with the ranger firing off machine gun arrows at pointblank range.

Fighting serpent-like creatures in a vegetable field, look familiar anyone? :)

The ranger chick looks like she's getting a 50% IAS when she uses that skill. I'm guessing they're going to have separate skills for PvE and PvP, or else that's going to be some ridiculous pressure.

The attack and skill effects are really animated. That's a big plus IMO, I always had a hard time knowing what enemies and teammates were doing cause the animations were so small and hard to identify.

The map topography is so well drawn, I actually know what I'm looking at now. :p

I hope the pets have different characteristics this time, instead of only different damage types and evolutions. It'll make my Rainbow Phoenix more interesting. :D

The menu graphics look like they're carry-overs from GW. I hope they make new ones.

Actually I logged in hundreds of hours in the original game + campaigns before my account was perma-banned because the stupid kids in this game couldn't take taunting in RA/random insults and had their trigger fingers fixed on the /report button.

And the graphics in theses videos suck, everything looks grey and bland, the combat does not seem believable either especially with the ranger firing off machine gun arrows at pointblank range.

I think the video was recorded with a camera fixed on the monitor, rather than FRAPSed or whatever. That's a guess anyway, I've seen other videos that look far clearer and richer.

Looks pretty cool but I'm still reserved. I hope a beta is coming soon and I can see what its like then.

I am definitely sold. I like more "action-based" MMOs and GW2 looks like it will come out swinging!

Back