50" Plasma scratch.... please help me

pcbananas

Weaksauce
I have not been able to find a fix for my problem and I think there isn't one. My niece grabbed a kitchen fork and scratched my 50" plasma tv's screen somewhat deep. Would anyone know if this could be fix or is it time to take it to the garbage?

Thank you for your assistance

Oh my...you are to be commended for keeping your composure. I'll have to admit that my hands would be trembling with anger and rage and I would be unable to type out a civilized call for help.:p I don't know what to tell you...what happens when you turn it on? I know that with plasma technology the glass "is" the screen and not just a covering. I've heard that some people have fixed light scratches on lcd's with pure carnauba wax but I don't know if that applies here.

you have my condolences:(

I have the same problem cept its probably not as bad. My HD antenna fell and scratched my LCD TV and lefty a nice silver mark on it. I was able to remove some of it with alcohol+water but theres still some left of it. Any suggestions? It just seems like the paint from the antenna wiped off on it.

Oh my...you are to be commended for keeping your composure. I'll have to admit that my hands would be trembling with anger and rage and I would be unable to type out a civilized call for help.:p I don't know what to tell you...what happens when you turn it on? I know that with plasma technology the glass "is" the screen and not just a covering. I've heard that some people have fixed light scratches on lcd's with pure carnauba wax but I don't know if that applies here.

you have my condolences:(

I'm able to watch TV and unless you are truly looking at the screen and not what's playing on the TV, you can see the scratch(es) :rolleyes: However, once the TV is off, you can clearly see the nice scratch on the screen. :eek:

I'm able to watch TV and unless you are truly looking at the screen and not what's playing on the TV, you can see the scratch(es) :rolleyes: However, once the TV is off, you can clearly see the nice scratch on the screen. :eek:
If I were you I would register at www.avsforum.com and ask there...a lot of a/v professionals frequent that board.

Back