$500 Gas Voucher @ Newegg and TD w/ AMD GAME! kit

Depends on how far you commute. If you have to drive an hour, obviously you'll spend more than someone who only drives half an hour.

well i only get 26 highway in my tiburon, so be happy you get 30 in the city :D.

BUT

jersey gas is only 1.85 :D :D If I go 20 minutes over the border to NY its 3.30 :mad:

Well yes. It's all a function of miles driven. But just don't expect gasoline prices to stay "cheap". They'll go back up again.

Well yes. It's all a function of miles driven. But just don't expect gasoline prices to stay "cheap". They'll go back up again.

yeah right. its not going up for awhile bro. and I bet you it will never go back up as high as it was.

I might try this. I get free diesel (have a diesel truck) for my personal truck from work and obviously the company pays for my gas with the company truck. I could profit on this or get a new cheap upgrade out of this after selling the gas voucher!

From Fat Wallet:

I got sucked into this gas voucher thing buying something else and boy am I pissed...its such a pain...I beleive what you will get is 5 $100 vouchers...with each voucher you go online and register it and you can only do one per month per household. Once you register the voucher you have to pick ONE gas station to go to and each month you have to mail in $100 worth of receipts from that gas station and in a few weeks they will send you a $25 gas card to use at that gas station (if you don't spend the $100 at that one station you lose your chance to get your $25 back)...so in a nutshell, in order to get your $500 in gas it will take you almost 2 yrs and $2000 spent on gas!!! (you have to spend $100 each month to get $25 back so it takes 4 months just to get $100 back...they make it so you can only register one voucher at a time) Heres the website I was directed to when I fell for this ridiculous deal...
http://www.gasolineredemption.com/

I hope this isn't true. If it is, the deal will be pretty cold. :mad:

One of the more plausible explanations for this promotion. I'll steer clear of this TYVM.

Who cares who drives what where how much. So completely off topic...

Oh, man, if that's how it works, this isn't worth it... I only gas up one of my vehicles every 2 weeks or so, and my wife gases up once a week. With gas prices now low, we'd be pushing it to get $100 worth of Gas a month... much less $125 (with the card, once you hit a steady state). Even worse if my wife's job moves....

And I was going to bite (or at least try to) until this part came up... now I'll just wait.

Edit: But you know, MWave is saying Gas CARD, not Gas VOUCHER. There is a difference... I would be more than willing to accept an Exxon card, or a Wawa card, or Shell, or whatever, that can only be used for gas...

Agreed, if it's an actual card with the allotted money upfront I'll just buy the parts and resell maybe.

Gas will hit 1.50 in my are ( Denver, CO) and it wont go over 2 bucks for awhile. People who say Gas has a shortage, needs to learn things.

Cheap is only relative to what it's high point was. It's still expensive if you commute on a daily basis. I don't even want to add up how much money I spend in gasoline per year, and my car gets ~27-30mpg in the city.

Not sure what the prices are in Michigan, but the price of gas is under $1.50 in a some parts (the low on friday was $1.36). You'd probably have to go back to 2002 or 2003 to find prices this low.

This collapse makes the collapse in the mid 80's look mild....unfortunately, I don't think it'll take 20-25 years for them to reach those inflation adjusted highs again.

Adjusted for inflation, it's pretty close to the lowest prices we've seen in the last 30 years.

I always use http://www.westegg.com/inflation/ for these calcs.

I almost never agree with you, but you're 100% correct.

yeah right. its not going up for awhile bro. and I bet you it will never go back up as high as it was.

Sure, if the world wide economy stays in the tank for 10 years, then the prices will stay down for the better part of 10 years.

This isn't the 80's. You've got China and India that importing oil (and lots of it in the case of China).

If I could buy my gas from exxon or shell at a locked in price, I'd start looking into in the first quarter of next year...and I'd probably buy 1000 gallons (which would last me a few years).

Gas will hit 1.50 in my are ( Denver, CO) and it wont go over 2 bucks for awhile. People who say Gas has a shortage, needs to learn things.

Indeed. BTW, if you wanna get a LAN going sometime, I'd be down for it. I live in the Lowry area (SE Denver).

aww LAME! Those details are way too restricted.

I was hoping to buy the parts and sell the gas card.

Where the hell is gas $3.30 in NY as someone above said? Alaska is even below $3.00 now.

I live in NYC and have to fill up every week (rx8 with terrible mpg, but fun!) and for the last 2 weeks v-power Shell has been <$2.50.

For me it would definitely be contingent on the details. I could definitely use this an excuse for a new build but I want that $500 upfront. tyvm. ;)

Where the hell is gas $3.30 in NY as someone above said? Alaska is even below $3.00 now.

I live in NYC and have to fill up every week (rx8 with terrible mpg, but fun!) and for the last 2 weeks v-power Shell has been <$2.50.

For me it would definitely be contingent on the details. I could definitely use this an excuse for a new build but I want that $500 upfront. tyvm. ;)

Yeah, Im about 70 miles north of ny in poughkeepsie, it's 2.21 right down the street for 87. Highest i've seen is 2.35.

The highest gas in NY is currently in Buffalo, NY (I have family there so I know) and I forget what they said it was this past weekend.

Interesting deal, but unless it is an upfront gas card then it will be hard to pull people in, though they might be betting on people not knowing that.

how come when I check the Newegg site for ATI cards the link the ad provides only links to 3xxx series ATI video cards? Are the 4850 and 4870 not part of this promo?

The way NewEgg configured the search they are not including any 4 series cards

Chipset Manufacturer[ATI ],CrossFire Supported[Yes ],GPU[Radeon HD 3850 ],GPU[Radeon HD 3870 ],GPU[Radeon HD 3650 ],GPU[Radeon HD 3870 X2 ],

This deal is totally the biggest hassle of all time. Load of crap! Down with AMD.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/amdgas.hmx

"AMD is able to provide you with $500 gas voucher via a redemption process by Gasoline Redemption Center.

You will be required to:
1. Register free with www.gasolineredemptioncenter.com
2. Purchase a minimum of $100 of gasoline at the pre-selected gas station brand of your choice
3. Collect and mail your original gas receipts for redemption of a $25 gas card. Your receipts and redemption vouchers must be received monthly in order to receive your $25 gas gift card. You may only redeem one voucher per month. Thus, you will receive $500 of gas over a 20-month period.

Please direct any further questions regarding the redemption process or your gas voucher to: [email protected].

Frequently Asked Questions about the gasoline redemption"

Wow. Thanks for digging that up. Makes it not even warm. I shop at Maverik, and they likely aren't on that list because of their automatic $0.02 member discount per gallon. What a big hassle. I spend over $100 a month on gas, but not always at the same station. This is a lot of work and it takes over a year to see your money back. Fail.

Back