500 GB HD $164!

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
Dell Home has the Dell 500GB 7200RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive for $189 - $25 ebay coupon = $164 w/ free shipping. If you don't want to purchase off ebay, you can play the Dell Game for the coupon. Thanks SlickDeals!

i don't really understand those ebay dell coupons. You win the auction and they mail you the coupon? :confused:

also, im new to these ebay coupons. If i purchase a coupon on ebay, and it takes three weeks to get to me, that does me absolutely no good. Someone mind explaining how it works?

Professor12 said:
So is this a rebadged wd5000ks? Anyone have confirmation?

That's what I'd guess. AFAIK, the only 500gb WD HDs are the KS and the YS, and it seems unlikely that this is the YS version. I just bought the KS on ebay for 170 shipped...sure hope it's not a dell rebadge, since i want the 3 year warranty.

That said, I didn't get a $25.00 coupong in the dell game ($20.00 off 200 :( )

jbrukardt said:
also, im new to these ebay coupons. If i purchase a coupon on ebay, and it takes three weeks to get to me, that does me absolutely no good. Someone mind explaining how it works?

Coupons are received by email. The sellers get them by email from Dell, then they forward the email to you (without using the code). You get it almost instantly.

I believe the drives are WD
I picked up a few of them, will know when i get them :cool:

Confirmed on slickdeals that its the

Seagate Barracuda ST3500641AS

Someone called dell up

is this seagate drive any good? Say vs the 320gb 7200.10 with perpendicular recording technology...

qwik3r said:
is this seagate drive any good? Say vs the 320gb 7200.10 with perpendicular recording technology...

It's good, but of course the 7200.10 outperforms it...

$300 instant savings on select Inspiron Notebook over $1499
Here is your Coupon Code to use at Checkout:
2L3LZKQVHQDMT0

Anybody know what is the warranty on these drives. I would like to jump on it if the warranty is 3-5 years. Thx

I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Seagate drives lately, but whatever it is, it's an awesome deal.

None of the hard drive manufacturers are known for making crappy drives anymore.

blink hi said:
It's good, but of course the 7200.10 outperforms it...
And I think we've see the 7200.10 on sale for around 180 (but don't hold me to that...it's tought to tell seagate drives apart sometimes).

nilepez said:
And I think we've see the 7200.10 on sale for around 180 (but don't hold me to that...it's tought to tell seagate drives apart sometimes).

Which 7200.10 for 180?

NeoGohan said:
Which 7200.10 for 180?

I'd swear I saw the 500gb version for around 180 within the last few weeks (let's say month) on here.....but as I said it's pretty easy to mix up the .10 and the .9 versions.

I dont like Dell's cust service, they sound like trained robots, they say the same thing over and over again.

Back