5700 series awesome video quality (plays [email protected] too)

LawGiver

2[H]4U
so ive been using my gtx 280 for a while now but im selling it and bought a 5770 since i dont really game anymore that much. anyways playing back SD content with the 5770 the video is much crisper and less washed out than the gtx 280. whatever ATI is doing to process the video signal i like it. its not really more detail or better quality, just more crisp and less washed out which does have the effect of being easier on the eyes. also the sound quality is fantastic. much better than SPDIF with the nvidia card. even though im only using tv speakers i can tell the sound has much more oomph and its cleaner if that makes sense.

and using MPC Home Cinema I can playback [email protected] content perfectly fine without any green bars or green distortion.

and using MPC Home Cinema I can playback [email protected] content perfectly fine without any green bars or green distortion.

Just because it has the L5.1 flag doesn't mean your content really is L5.1. All that matters is the number of reference frames. How many and at what resolution is said content?

Just because it has the L5.1 flag doesn't mean your content really is L5.1. All that matters is the number of reference frames. How many and at what resolution is said content?

it was the quantum of solace trailer specifically uploaded for people to test their ATI cards. i dont remember which forum i got it from though. its 9 ref frames according to Mediainfo and its 1920x1080.

so ive been using my gtx 280 for a while now but im selling it and bought a 5770 since i dont really game anymore that much. anyways playing back SD content with the 5770 the video is much crisper and less washed out than the gtx 280. whatever ATI is doing to process the video signal i like it. its not really more detail or better quality, just more crisp and less washed out which does have the effect of being easier on the eyes. also the sound quality is fantastic. much better than SPDIF with the nvidia card. even though im only using tv speakers i can tell the sound has much more oomph and its cleaner if that makes sense.

So you finally sold that 280 ;)

I will probably be going with the 5770 in next few months as well. Good performance per watt, sick of having a loud space heater for a PC.

no its still for sale. i also got the 5770 to 1000/1350 at stock volts. though its still much slower than the gtx 280 like i said i dont game much more movies now. but the fan at 100% is considerably louder than the gtx 280 at same.

no its still for sale. i also got the 5770 to 1000/1350 at stock volts. though its still much slower than the gtx 280 like i said i dont game much more movies now. but the fan at 100% is considerably louder than the gtx 280 at same.

!? Memory I can believe.. but you sure your core is stable at that speed with stock volts? If so, sir, you certainly have a golden sample.

!? Memory I can believe.. but you sure your core is stable at that speed with stock volts? If so, sir, you certainly have a golden sample.

not really many people run stock undervolted and some even run overclocked undervolted. 5770 good overcockers are the norm not the exceptions.

ive always been back and forth between ati and nvidia for image quality for video. ati i think is surely better right out of the box, but nvidia has some tools in the control panel called edge enhancement that works really well.... noise reduction too if youre enhancing SD content.

not really many people run stock undervolted and some even run overclocked undervolted. 5770 good overcockers are the norm not the exceptions.

That's true, but 1000MHz on the core at stock voltage is really quite exceptional.

edit i sorta lied.

i just found out the hoopla about ATI and L5.0 L5.1 is not that its not possible to play these without corruption entirely but the issue is with playing them back using DXVA. So I tried it and indeed I get green corruption too. But with ffdshow as decoder it plays backs perfect though at a higher cpu usage, in the teens, compared to to 0-5% if DXVA was used. I guess the people who are very angry about this all have single core wimpy CPUs. :p A single core would indeed be 50%+ usage playing back L5.1/5.0 if ATI+ffdshow were used.

Back