5850: Sapphire vs. Visiontek

cyberslag5k

Limp Gawd
Amazon has two 5850's in, one by Sapphire and one by Visiontek. I can't find any 5850 comparison articles, can anyone make a recommendation, or a compelling reason why one might be better than the other? I'd like to order tonight, if possible.

Thanks!

Sapphire I would think. I just read something saying that Sapphire is ATI's main vendor. Might be worth waiting to get the XFX Version for the excellent customer support (speaking from what I've read, I have never owned a card from them) and the double lifetime transferable warranty. Performance wise they are the same. Check which has a longer warranty.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Visiontek doesn't look like a great option. The description reads, "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months."

Sapphire I would think. I just read something saying that Sapphire is ATI's main vendor. Might be worth waiting to get the XFX Version for the excellent customer support (speaking from what I've read, I have never owned a card from them) and the double lifetime transferable warranty. Performance wise they are the same. Check which has a longer warranty.
Yeah, I read somewhere that one of ATI's higher-ups made some statement regarding Sapphire, being ATI's most prolific vendor, or something to that effect. I have also read a lot of hate mail in the forums about their "customer service". Just FYI.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Surprised anyone is recommending Saphire with their background of poor customer service. The Visiontek is lifetime warranty and would be a much better option if you could get it in a timely manner.

I just fired up my sapphire... working very nicely in 2 screen eyefinity. Now must convince the wife I need a 3rd monitor :)

Surprised anyone is recommending Saphire with their background of poor customer service. The Visiontek is lifetime warranty and would be a much better option if you could get it in a timely manner.

If visiontek has a lifetime warranty I would go with them then. Didn't know who had the better warranty. Is it transferable?

TigerDirect appears to have all of the major brands (including XFX and ASUS) available and ready to ship. I provided the link above. I did mention that many users have had poor customer service experience with Sapphire. Seems to be hit or miss, though.

TigerDirect appears to have all of the major brands (including XFX and ASUS) available and ready to ship. I provided the link above. I did mention that many users have had poor customer service experience with Sapphire. Seems to be hit or miss, though.

TigerDirect doesn't have any 5850s right now...

I would go with sapphire. I've owned cards from both and RMA'd with both. Sapphire went very smoothly and I had no trouble with them. Visiontek was nothing but a hassel. They took 4 weeks to get me a new card and the only explanation I got from them was that "further testing was needed on the card". Sapphire all the way in my book.

Back