5870 10.5 ATI Drivers = Pink HDMI

Avengeance

Gawd
Well I have had my 5870 for a little while now and when I first got it there was a problem with the HDMI output being pink. I used DVI for a while and then after ATI released another update I checked the HDMI and it was working fine. I just installed the 10.5 upgrade and the HDMI is pink again.

Anyone know how to fix this? Is it an incorrect setting or is it something wrong with the actual drivers?

Well I have had my 5870 for a little while now and when I first got it there was a problem with the HDMI output being pink. I used DVI for a while and then after ATI released another update I checked the HDMI and it was working fine. I just installed the 10.5 upgrade and the HDMI is pink again.

Anyone know how to fix this? Is it an incorrect setting or is it something wrong with the actual drivers?

I think it might have to do with the color temperature control EDID being ticked by default. On earlier driver I've noticed it was unticked by default and I had to enable it (I use a hardware calibrated screen). Try to disable it. :)

You find it under Desktop and displays -> right click on screen on bottom and select configure -> select color tab and you'll see it there.

I took a look at what you said but I cant find it. Although it works now but only when the DVI is plugged in also. So I just kept it plugged in for now till I can figure out whats going on. It almost sounds like it is switching to a different type of mode. Not sure though.

I took a look at what you said but I cant find it. Although it works now but only when the DVI is plugged in also. So I just kept it plugged in for now till I can figure out whats going on. It almost sounds like it is switching to a different type of mode. Not sure though.

Looks like this:
cccedid.jpg

Uncheck EDID under color temperature control.

Back