5870 brands? Does it matter?

Warranty (length and allowances - if any) and quality of customer service are things to consider.

no they're all the same end of the day. they have same specs and must conform to ati's specs as well. only difference is customer support and price

Customer support, warranty and price are pretty much the main differences as everyone here has noted. Performance will be virtually the same.

I'd wait for the XFX card to come in stock as XFX has a lifetime warranty and some of the best customer support compared to other ATI manufacturers.

Customer support, warranty and price are pretty much the main differences as everyone here has noted. Performance will be virtually the same.

I'd wait for the XFX card to come in stock as XFX has a lifetime warranty and some of the best customer support compared to other ATI manufacturers.

I didn't even notice the lifetime warranty. I'm also glad to hear that XFX has great support. Looks like we may have a winner!

I'm assuming also that drivers for the XFX and other brands you get directly from ATI's web site or do you get them from the brand sites?

-D j K i l l a-

Stop typing your name at the end of your posts plz. We can see it in the header already.

Not only is it redundant, it's tacky as hell.

Stop typing your name at the end of your posts plz. We can see it in the header already.

tacky = good.

XFX, simply for their support.

Too bad they aren't more daring with their card designs (like what Sparkle did with the 9800gt...).

Yeah I've heard XFX is the best. I grabbed the ASUS since the XFX wasn't available. The ASUS is the physically best looking card of the bunch IMO though once it's in your case it doesn't matter.

I'm a big XFX fan. Their double lifetime warranty and customer service can't be beat.

Yeah I've heard XFX is the best. I grabbed the ASUS since the XFX wasn't available. The ASUS is the physically best looking card of the bunch IMO though once it's in your case it doesn't matter.

Asus because its a sexy beast and the better bios. Not the best customer service though. XFX all around better option.

Get XFX wherever possible to cover the warranty and customer service aspect. In terms of actual hardware, they're mostly identical.

How does your post add anything to this thread?

@OP, keep in mind as well, if you buy the XFX with the double lifetime warranty, that warranty can be transfered to the person that you sell the card to, if you do decide to do that in the future at some point.

Asus is a good alternative to XFX, as you can see from my sig I got tired of waiting for XFX.
Warranty is 3 years and they don't care who owns the card.
So when I sell it in a year, it still has 2 years warranty.
BUT, I'm pretty sure their RMA is not going to be as seamless as XFX.
BUT, the Asus was the better looking card and came with Voltage Tweak and higher overclock limits in CCC right from the start.

So, for me it is XFX or Asus when it comes to ATI.

Welcome to HardForum, please learn to contribute something in your posts.

And yes, XFX would be the way to go, IMO.

@OP, keep in mind as well, if you buy the XFX with the double lifetime warranty, that warranty can be transfered to the person that you sell the card to, if you do decide to do that in the future at some point.

while his post may add nothing he is sort of correct even though he could have stated it better.
From the [H] rules.....

(25) You are allowed one signature per post. A signature section is supplied for that usage. No one wants to see your name on your posts multiple times as it is annoying.

on the OPs subject I echo the opinion of XFX just for the fact being able to pass on the lifetime warranty makes the card more attractive to someone when you go to sell it.

What exactly is the deal with great customer service, when I think this forum is the best customer support you can get?

Who said all posts had to "contribute"? The issue is resolved and I had something to say.

You guys are hella pedantic. Working up a whole committee to judge my post while making even more damage to this thread than my post ever made.

Last edited:
What exactly is the deal with great customer service, when I think this forum is the best customer support you can get?
Yeah, you gotta love the [H]. But I think "great customer service" is in reference to speed and courtesy regarding DOA's and RMA issues.

Considering the prices are the same (before the Newegg gouge-o-matic pricing system kicked in) there is no reason NOT to get XFX. They have the same free game most of them do plus the double lifetime warranty, and a better reputation that the rest of the vendors combined.

Having said that, I have bought Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX, EVGA, Diamond, and MSI and of them all, EVGA has been the best company for customer support by far. I really, REALLY wish they sold ATI products also.

Can the quality (volume) of the manufacturers' cooling solutions be generalized? i.e. are Sapphire cards typically noticable quieter than their comparable XFX breathen?

The warranty mainly matters when something goes wrong with the video card. XFX has a lifetime warranty and a good service reputation so that does count for something.

i.e. are Sapphire cards typically noticable quieter than their comparable XFX breathen?

I don't know about Sapphire's reference edition video cards, but their Vapor-X solutions are very quiet. I had a Vapor-X 4890 briefly, and it was one of the quietest cards I've ever owned. Too bad it had cold boot issues and I had to RMA it.

After so many positive comments about XFX, I decided I had to have one. Newegg had them out of stock for about a week now but after refreshing the page for the past two days, I finally was able to order one before quickly going back out of stock until next week. Perfect timing and a little luck for me. Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to leave a comment!

BFG has great customer support as well. I've used a lot of Sapphire cards and never had one fail... so I can't speak to their support.

Just steer clear of that Sapphire card, its butt-ugly!!! The XFX looks decent though.

Back