5870 - Major BFBC2 issues

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
I have the jittering/flashing textures when riding a vehicle like other have reported, but often I get big blobs of black floating around in the sky and often, when I spawn, all the hud indicators are there but no 3D is rendered, it's just a plain black void. I can move around but I can't see anything aside from the crosshairs and names and I'll have to quit and restart the game. The game will also crash to desktop on a very regular basis. Is this normal behavior for the 10.3 drivers? I've drivercleaned and reinstalled twice already.

Everything else works great, it's just this game.

are you OC'ing your card at all?

I had few minor issues when I OC'd my card up to a mere 900mhz, so i just left it at stock clocks. Running nearly the same hardware as you too, but I am on 10.2.

Did you update to 10.3b? It specifically says it fixes some flickering issues with the 5870 in BC2.

what dx level are you running? what is the mipmap detail level set to in ccc? i believe most of the ctd's in bc2 are network related and are experienced on some level by basically everyone.

My 7 install is a big buggered at the moment so I'm playing DX9 on my XP partition. 10.3b previews are only available for 7/Vista are they not? Also avoids the long spawning bug with ATI on DX10/11.

I have tried the card on stock clocks and I have the same results. These seem more like shader glitches and bugs and buggy code because of their wierd appearance than the artificating I would associate with any heat/overclock issues. Almost every time the map changes, I get left with a black screen and I have to restart the game. My mipmap level is set to highest. I've tried Catalyst AI to off, low, and high.

dx9 flickers with ati hardware in bc2, it does it for everyone i know. the change logs for the 10.3a/b/opengl preview drivers fix is related to dx10/11 crossfire flickering. one person mentioned a problem with blobbing white/black textures but it was resolved by returning the mipmap value to it's highest level. not sure what your issue is there but you can try other drivers, it's possible it only occurs on xp and is not widely known b/c most are using vista/7 in bc2.

Back