5970 on NEWEGG RIGHT NOW!

Zepharus

Gawd
Powercolor and HIS $624.99

Hit 5970 in the search and they come right up... Makes sense as I believe HIS is one of the top ATI patners

5970 = 2x5850.

It's worth it imo. But some might not want to blow $600+ in one chunk. But I've been saving up for this one.

aw shit i missed the 5850 by like 2 seconds :(

Grabbed one Tuesday. It showed up while I was looking for something else, so I ordered it. About 10 seconds later they were gone. I wonder how many they've been getting at a time.

Just about to pull the trigger but I will wait to see if the OC versions are released next month i.e. Vapor-X

5970 OC = 5870 CF

Just about to pull the trigger but I will wait to see if the OC versions are released next month i.e. Vapor-X

5970 OC = 5870 CF

Good luck with that.. take a poll how many people are kicking themselves in the ass right now for "waiting" on the 5870's..

I know I am. I have an SLI motherboard (so I can't do multi-card crossfire). I was hoping this would be closer to two 5870's in performance :(

I ordered one... I Think this means I will be unloading my XFX 5870 ....

Why not keep it and Tri-fire? LOL. Although I guess it doesn't make sense cos only the 5970 will do Eyefinity. You'll probably find it quite easy to sell off the 5870 seeing how rare they are right now. But wait till you are sure the 5970 isn't a lemon.

I know I am. I have an SLI motherboard (so I can't do multi-card crossfire). I was hoping this would be closer to two 5870's in performance :(

It is once you OC it.

They limited the clocks on the card to meet the 300W TDP compliance. It can easily go above that as many review sites have demonstrated. It was *designed* to be 2x 5870's, but sold as underclocked versions to meet the 300W limit.

My wife has been checking all day every ten minutes for me at work and she got me one!

Good luck with that.. take a poll how many people are kicking themselves in the ass right now for "waiting" on the 5870's..

The money is not the issue, I want to hit 950+ without WC. So I have to wait until they OC the card. This card will go up to $650. People keep saying this card is not equal to 2 5870s is misleading. The OC reviews show otherwise.

Now availability is another, lol. I going out of town for the holidays on Friday, blowing $630 now is not smart at this time.

It is once you OC it.

They limited the clocks on the card to meet the 300W TDP compliance. It can easily go above that as many review sites have demonstrated. It was *designed* to be 2x 5870's, but sold as underclocked versions to meet the 300W limit.

+1 This card is Boss.

HIS Is out of stock.. if anyone is looking for one Ill have one for $720 shipped when it arrives :)

I will wait until the real people get one and post their reviews in a thread about how they feel about it.

I like those reviews better then a website review, just my opinion though.

I just picked up the HIS version. Question I have now is, will this run under my 750W PS or should I upgrade? The rest of the build:

i7-920
EVGA X58 SLI LE
3 Seagate harddrives
some blu-ray drive

Nothing's going to be OC'd (shocking, I know).

I just picked up the HIS version. Question I have now is, will this run under my 750W PS or should I upgrade? The rest of the build:

i7-920
EVGA X58 SLI LE
3 Seagate harddrives
some blu-ray drive

The 920 has to be OC to avoid CPU limitations. You FPS will not be high as it should thus waste of money. It's simple to OC it to 3.6GHz.

i7-920
EVGA X58 SLI LE
3 Seagate harddrives
some blu-ray drive

If it is a good quality PSU it should run it fine.

Under the specs for the HIS model it states 1 x HDMI but nowhere in the pics can you see the HDMI? Myself I' am holding off since I have a 4870 x2 currently and will pass this round but grats to you guys getting one :)

Under the specs for the HIS model it states 1 x HDMI but nowhere in the pics can you see the HDMI? Myself I' am holding off since I have a 4870 x2 currently and will pass this round but grats to you guys getting one :)

They include a DVI to HDMI converter in their very generous bundle. They also give you a mini-DP to DP adapter which is also quite thoughtful. That's one of the things that sold me on HIS vs Powercolor.

Ugh, CA tax applies to this beast. I've no inkling to spend an additional ~$60 on taxes and still have to pay for shipping if I were to order one of these.

How assured should I be that it will ship if Newegg has charged my card? Is there a chance that they will cancel and refund because they over sold?

newegg reports payment charged. if they ship out today they'll be on my doorstep by friday. mongo so excited.

Kicking myself already. I stayed up last night and this morning checking Newegg. Went to work just checking this thread now..owned. Where the hell are the XFX versions?

5970 = 2x5850.

It's worth it imo. But some might not want to blow $600+ in one chunk. But I've been saving up for this one.

You still have the FULL Specs of the 5870 excluding the clocks. Just grab it and overclock and boom you got a 5870 crossfire.

Excatly.

XFX and Sapphire still hasn't release theirs. Stay tuned!

Sapphire is the biggest producer of Radeon cards in the world. They will come out with a 5970 for sure. It's just not out in the wild in North America yet.

As for XFX, expect a pretty steep markup to get the privilege of owning one of those.
People really like that brand and Newegg has noticed.

Back