5970 Sightings....Where are they?

Overclockers uk sold out pretty fast even though they had the price raised to over £520 when rrp was mean to be £445 or thereabouts. :rolleyes: People in the uk got royally boned as always, paying over $1000 for it...

yep, a guy in the forums is selling 2 for 595gpb [over $1000 usd]

EU only but damn... a cool thousand for a video card...

People in the uk got royally boned as always, paying over $1000 for it...
Wouldn't worry about it, we have approximate price parity with the US on most other components, including the 5850/5870. Prices may stabilise quickly once supply is good and the novelty wears off. Price may even drop significantly if Fermi takes the performance crown, and maybe those folks paying £550-£600 will end up feeling pretty stupid.

Last edited:
So I take it, the 5970 was a"soft" launch and not [H]ard ? When does the card get released, not just previews ? newegg never showed them on their site, nor did TigerDirect, or Mwave, or Fry's, or BestBuy, or Microcenter, etc...

So I take it, the 5970 was a"soft" launch and not [H]ard ? When does the card get released, not just previews ? newegg never showed them on their site, nor did TigerDirect, or Mwave, or Fry's, or BestBuy, or Microcenter, etc...

Frankly, it was guaranteed to be a soft launch, considering TSMC's 40nm issues haven't been fixed yet and won't be for a long while.

NEVER EVER TRY TO ORDER FROM NCIX.

They are flat out liers and snakes. They charged my CC and then said woops we only had 5 in stock.

Fsck these guys

Same, HIS 5970 on the way. Now to get a hold of another two 30" 2560x1600 monitors... :D

Only $685 after tax and shipping from newegg....what a DEAL!....not.

5970price.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161311

Ouch, glad I don't live in CA. Those taxes are simply EVIL.

Only $685 after tax and shipping from newegg....what a DEAL!....not.

PS3 I thought you just bought a GTX 295. What in the world do you need a 5970 for? You gonna stick them on a Hydra motherboard? LOL. =)

If they had an XFX in stock i'd be all over it, but i refuse to buy anything that doesn't cover changing the cooler/overclocking.

From the reviews I read, the HIS 5970 does come with a nice bundle. I hope this Newegg card comes with same bundled extras.

http://www.tweaktown.com/pressrelea...00_gpus_and_3200_stream_processors/index.html

Does anybody know more about HIS Video card warranty policy? How are they with RMAs? Not as bad as Sapphire are they?

Provantage - might want to call them up, it looks like the same card, but then again it doesn't

http://www.provantage.com/asus-eah5970g2dis2gd5a~AASU916T.htm

PS I talked with a customer service rep at Provantage over the phone. They said it might take a couple weeks to get the card in cos they have to order it from manufacturer. I KNOW when Newegg lists an item it's in stock. So I jumped on that instead. Also the pic is different from the reviewed ASUS. I wonder if it's an OEM or alternate version?

G0182877.jpg

Last edited:
Provantage is mostly a drop shippers with notoriously bad inventory statuses.

Provantage has always done well by me...just need to look for "special order" on the page. They do not hide the fact they do not have it in house.

When they list an item as in stock, I think it generally is. I bought a monitor from them and it arrived in perfect condition. But I'm not gonna risk letting $600 of my money ride/float on a special order.

Ouch, glad I don't live in CA. Those taxes are simply EVIL.

PS3 I thought you just bought a GTX 295. What in the world do you need a 5970 for? You gonna stick them on a Hydra motherboard? LOL. =)

Seriously Evil. Can't believe I voted for the Terminator.

I did get a 295...I don't need a 5970, new tech just gets my blood boiling. :cool:

When it comes to sites like Provantage I order over the phone. Not all sites update like the Newegg Machine.

I finally scored a Radeon card! Woo-hoo! HIS 5970 on the way from the Egg, WOO-HOO!!!

I think that Zipzoomfly has learned their lesson from the negative pub they got with the 5870 fiasco. They aren't listing any 5970s on their website at all. Even though google product search shows 3 different 5970s from them. None of the links work. Looks like they will wait to get actual inventory this time.

Anyone who missed on the 5970 pm me I bought two and I will sell the other for no markup to help Hardocp and Anandtech users.

First come first serve basis.

Darkstar

I love how like half of the people here who have reported buying one are now offering them for sale. If the retailer MSRP gouging doesn't get you, your fellow forum members will.

Back