5970 to 6950 xfire

ta addict#2

Limp Gawd
got a pair of open box msi frozr II oc cards coming from the egg,hopfully good ones cause they sold out fast
my first two card system,I have had the ati x2 cards in the past
maybe a little better single 30" performance and some nice cards too

will these run as good with out the bridge

are they 2gb parts? they should run great. i wonder if they qualify for the firmware hack to get 6970 shaders

Those could be mine, I returned a pair a few weeks ago (nothing wrong with them, didn't work well in my case).

2x 6950 is enough for pretty much everything on a 30" monitor (at least everything I've tried) unless you want to explore some of the new AA modes the recent AMD drivers offer.

They are not reference cards so they cannot be unlocked.

When you say without the bridge, are you asking how they'll run without a crossfire bridge connecting them? If so, without the bridge they won't actually be crossfired, and you'll just be getting the performance of one card. Let me know if I misunderstood what you meant.

they had the frozr III open box too and I had two in the cart for just a 10er each more than got distracted by the volcano for a few and next move they are no longer available
those III's have that higher clocked memory anyway,could present a problem

ok I though cross fire was possible with no bridge now if not I'll need to secure one cause the open box ones most likely will have none

There have been TONS of MSI cards in open box recently, I'm wondering if the Egg was sitting on them or something. Even quite a bit of 5000 series MSI cards popped up. There was literally ALL versions of their cards in the OpenBox yesterday. I got a Twin Frozr II 6950 2gb for $210+$8 shipping, definitely a steal. There was plenty to chose from. I was going to get the 6970 2gb for like $50 more, but figured I would try my luck in unlocking it.

went from a vantage score(don't have the 2011 one installed yet)of 24600 with the 5970 to 30044 with these,little louder than the 5970 but nice,AVP2 responds just a little quicker too

Back