5xxx cards who's NOT having problem.

I have one monitor and when I had MSI afterbruner my screen would hella flicker, but not during games. So I had to whipe all that stuff off and finally its working regular, but how do you turn off the powerplay? I wanna OC this card again.

OCing the card is fine. It's when it downclocks too far that you see the glitching you were talking about...

I bet you have dual monitors?

yes two monitors, is there anyway to disable the downclocking? i didn't see anything in the CCC

I have an XXX card, and my clocks won't go below 400/1300 at the desktop unless I drop the memory clock to 1299 (yes, 1 MHz makes all the difference to it...)

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=123699&enterthread=y

There's instructions for manually forcing the clocks...
wow thank you, it seems to be working so far.
Seems for me I have to have the memory at 1200 or else I get all of the black lines and flickering in 2D
so I manually set clock speeds to 400/1200 in 2d mode and can have it overclocked for games
(stock is 850/12000)

Last edited:
did you flash your bios? or just #2 forcing the clock speed?

That glitching from the clock speeds going too low can be fixed by just manually forcing them in the instructions from my previous post.

Back