600$.... what to get?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
I was thinking either 19 or 20" LCD.. I do like to game so it needs to have a quick response.. what would be a good monitor in that price range?

nah im looking for an LCD for sure.. my poor little desk would buckle under that thing. I got rid of my Viewsonic 21" graphics series monitor to get the 17" LCD that I do have. I am just looking for as good of a 19" LCD I can get for around 600$ that can handle games.

Copyright said:
I dont want any ghosting issues.

This is very subjective. Generally the 2001fp is very highly regarded for gaming.

Personally I saw very little ghosting on the 2001fp. But I returned it because it had a crosshatch effect which drove me nuts but my wife could not see at all. I also had a Samsung 213T, which some reviews said was good for gaming, but I found had horrible ghosting. So, IMO buy from somewhere with a good return policy and be prepared to go through a few different models until you find the one that works for you.

cross hatch? what is that so I can look for it! My current LCD runs great. no ghosting no problems at all. No dead pixels from what ive seen but I never ran any tests to check.

Copyright said:
cross hatch? what is that so I can look for it! My current LCD runs great. no ghosting no problems at all. No dead pixels from what ive seen but I never ran any tests to check.

It was a really weird problem that I have never seen before. When my eyes would move quickly from one side of the screen to the other, or when there was anything fast moving on the screen, I would see a diagononal 45 degree angle cross hatch pattern over the screen. It was particularly bad on monochromatic textures. Kind of like looking through a chicken-wire fence.

I checked this on a friends 2001fp, and it had the same problem, so I don't think it was a defect. But my friend couldnt see it at all...

Honestly, don't let that put you off. I think the problem is with me not the monitor. Lots of people have the 2001fp and love it.

2001FP for gaming is one of the more common debates on this forum. Not to rehash the whole thing, but people generally fall into two categories. Some people love the 2001FP for gaming and don't have any problems with it. Other folks have an irrational religous bias towards CRT's that make them believe they are seeing things on LCD monitors that simply aren't there. I hope that's a fair and balanced summary.

rcolbert said:
2001FP for gaming is one of the more common debates on this forum. Not to rehash the whole thing, but people generally fall into two categories. Some people love the 2001FP for gaming and don't have any problems with it. Other folks have an irrational religous bias towards CRT's that make them believe they are seeing things on LCD monitors that simply aren't there. I hope that's a fair and balanced summary.

With your signature it's most likely not one.

Back