61.76 driver question

planetary

[H]ard|Gawd
My problem is, I can't get the "Apply these settings at startup" to stick. I'll set my clock to 423/1.15 on my 6800 GT, then check the box, and then click ok. But every time I boot up, the settings are back to default. What gives?

planetary said:
My problem is, I can't get the "Apply these settings at startup" to stick. I'll set my clock to 423/1.15 on my 6800 GT, then check the box, and then click ok. But every time I boot up, the settings are back to default. What gives?

are you using coolbits 1 or 2?

...theres two different versions in the driver? If so, what are the registry values for both please :)

Is 2 better? If so, I'll try that. To use Coolbits2, must you undo Coolbits1?

planetary said:
Is 2 better? If so, I'll try that. To use Coolbits2, must you undo Coolbits1?

um i'd stick to coolbits because of its simple interface, plus it doesn't require much thinking (while i've ehard coolbits 2 can be confusing at times).

Coolbits 2 eats ass.

It REMOVES a ton of options and only putting in a fan control function.

Unit-0 said:
Coolbits 2 eats ass.

It REMOVES a ton of options and only putting in a fan control function.

CoolBits 2 requires a little thinking when you install it to the registry. If you dont want it to remove the Performance and Quality Settings tab, then you have to leave out a string. Otherwise it uses the old format the nVidia cards used to use where they had both D3D and OpenGL tabs.

Read through the thread on nV News for more information.

Back