6600 Go compared

Targ24

n00b
Hey guys,

I was just curious where the 6600 Go 128 Mb in a laptop stacks up against other laptop vid cards and possibly some desktop versions. I know that the 6800 and 7800 would be better, but the laptop is already ordered, and I don't need to do heavy gaming on it. More of a "take it with me on trips and still play some stuff." Just more of a curiosity on what I can expect.
specs:
Pentium M 740 (1.73 Ghz)
1 gig ram
6600 Go 128 Mb
60 gig 7200 RPM HD
Native rez: 1680 x 1050

If anyone has reviews or firsthand knowledge, that would be useful. thanks

alienware area 51 5500
Amazingly enough, speccing out similar hardware from dell made the dell more expensive, even avoiding the XPS line. :eek:
the 17 inch ones were a tad overpriced for my taste, and I didn't want a slab of a computer.

I have a Sager NP3880 that has the GO 6600, It works fine for me. Prior to getting the laptop, I was of the opinion that I would get it, then upgrade. Since then, weighing the fact that I would have to upgrade the battery, AC adapter, as well as the card, plus, the 6600 worked fine. I decided against the upgrade.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I mainly specced this to play WoW, but would use it for some other games like quake4 and Black & White 2. I don't mind reducing rez if I have to on those, so WoW was the biggest concern. As soon as it shows up (supposedly tomorrow) I'll give my opinions on it.

Ok, got the laptop, and ran WoW on it to test out the specs. running at 1680 x 1050 widescreen format, I can't max out the settings on it. :rolleyes: If I drop down to 24 bit with 1x multisampling, and 2x antialiasing, I get 30-40 fps, with all detail levels set to high. This is in high population areas (capital cities, and high number instances like Zul'Gurub.) So the 6600 will suffice for what I want. the doom3 burn in from Alienware claimed 46 fps, but I don't know what resolution Alienware ran this at, so I'll have to confirm myself.

But I have to say that this is an awesome laptop, and for a decent price too. :D

Back