6600gt, 6800gs, 6800xt ??

Ren H

Limp Gawd
I'm finding so many versions of these cards, with 8, 12, 16 pipes and varying memory and clock speeds.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Should I be looking for the higher clock/mem speeds or a card with more pipes that maybe has good ram that can be oced? Maybe there is a card that can have exrtra pipes unlocked?

Probably going for 128meg, def. pcie

bfg,asus, xfx, evga, leadtek....

I'll be heading out to work in a bit so if any suggestions/questions leave a reply and I'll be back later

tia

Out of those three? 6800GS, but I really would recommend the 7600GT instead.

I have to agree here, there 7600GT is your best bang for the buck. It's cheaper, performs better, and if you go here and buy one you have your choice of 3 free games. Age of Empires III, Ghost Recon, or Prince of Persia 3.

7600gt, I like the specs on that one! and New Egg and MSI sure has the competition beat by the looks of it.
One problem....They don't ship to Canada. The 7600GTs are a little scarce up here atm, and overpriced compared to what you guys are getting down there, for sure.

But now I know what to get, I geuss I'll have to wait a bit.

Thanks everone!

P.S.

EVGA
Core clock: 580MHz

Memory Clock: 1500MHz

Ren H said:
7600gt, I like the specs on that one! and New Egg and MSI sure has the competition beat by the looks of it.
One problem....They don't ship to Canada. The 7600GTs are a little scarce up here atm, and overpriced compared to what you guys are getting down there, for sure.

But now I know what to get, I geuss I'll have to wait a bit.

Thanks everone!

P.S.

EVGA
Core clock: 580MHz

Memory Clock: 1500MHz

Also, the card should overclock to about 670/1740 or so... pretty good if you ask me.

Back