6600GT's need an official thread

daragon

Limp Gawd
I have a 6600GT(PCI-E) b/c I found it for $150, and I didn't want to spend $400 on a 6800GT. Mainly b/c this is my first Nvidia card, and I don't trust them yet. I have noticed a severe lack of post about the 6600GT on this board, and was curious why? Is everyone jumping on the bandwagon and buying 6800's? I feel like I'm 1 of 3 people in the world with a 6600.

Performance Questions: What can be done with this card? Does it have any pipes that can be unlocked? Is it possible to OC the core past 550MHz? What else can you do to this card with the joys of water cooling? If so how?

I have gone back a few pages and am noticing more posts on th 6600, but other than that, no, it's not a joke.

On the first page of the forum... 5 topics about 6800/6800GTs and 5 about 6600GTs... I don't get it, where are you coming off with this? Heck, the top 3 topics right now are about 6600GTs!

I think the only pipes to be unlocked with the whole 6 series was with the 6800 agp version.

[cliché mode] The forum search function is your friend [\cliché mode]

Search and it will take you a few minutes to find answers to all of your questions.

The 6600GTs do not have masked pipelines like the 6800LE/nus, but they overclock quite well and many will give you more than 550 on the core, check out anandtech's 6600GT roundup:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=15

We must see different screens then. I don't see any threads regarding 6600's except for the one's I just posted it, therefor appearing yellow and at the top for me.
But, argueing about how many 6600 threads their are wasn't the point of this thread. I will admit I was wrong about the number of threads if we can move on to some constructive posts about tweaking the best performace out of a 6600.

edit:
Search and it will take you a few minutes to find answers to all of your questions.

The 6600GTs do not have masked pipelines like the 6800LE/nus, but they overclock quite well and many will give you more than 550 on the core, check out anandtech's 6600GT roundup:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2295&p=15

yeah, I read this review before I bought my card, to see which man. was the best.

I am coming from the WoW forum, and their search sucks, so I got away from using it. The search here is much better though.

OK, I ran a search and have determined that 570/1100 is a good OC and still stable. But nobody talks about fast write, pipelines, ect. so I am going to assume that their are none.

Back