660ti 3way or 680 gtx SLI

Brackle

Old Timer
I have decided to Join the darkside (well the greenside actually).

Does anyone know of any forum post or anything with info reguarding 660ti 3way and current games/drivers?
I want to see some info on Tombraider, Crysis 3, bioshock etc etc on reguards to 3way 660ti's.

I finally decided to leave AMD after my horrible experience with tri-fire (and crossfire too) which I just sold here on the forums.

I want to push my 120hz monitor to the max. I want to try to keep a sustained 120fps at all times with games like Crysis 3 and Metro.

With Crysis 3 out, I know it takes a shitload of GPU power (and CPU as well, which I have covered).

Does anyone have any info or personal experience's with 660ti's 3-way?

With both overclocked the 660ti's should pull a little head in raw benchmarks. Honestly I would just go for the 680s because tri sli is often times a hit or miss and sometimes will underperform dual sli due to scaling issues. Dual SLI has always been consistent in my experience from running 470s dual/tri sli and 670 and 680 in tri and quad sli.

With both overclocked the 660ti's should pull a little head in raw benchmarks. Honestly I would just go for the 680s because tri sli is often times a hit or miss and sometimes will underperform dual sli due to scaling issues. Dual SLI has always been consistent in my experience from running 470s dual/tri sli and 670 and 680 in tri and quad sli.

I didn't have many problems at all with 480 tri-sli. Right now im lookin at maybe 2x670 FTW editions. They us the 680 PCB, and overclock higher.

The only thing that worries me about the 660ti's is the memory bandwidth

Why not just get the 2 680's an then at a later date (when funds are available) add a 3rd. I wouldn't risk getting 3 660's then finding out it's just not where you want the performance to be, then you're stuck. With 2 680's you open yourself up to a nice upgrade some day down the line.

I almost went with 3 660ti's but always heard that 3 way sli can be a pure headache so I stuck with dual 680's.

Back