6800 single slot coolers

MD

Supreme [H]ardness
What is a best single slot 6800 series cooler? Temps and noise should be lower then stock cooler.

Wich 6800GT card has best cooler?

Silencer, Zalman 700cu and other good two slot coolers cant be used in SFF so I was searching but couldn't find anything good enough :(

MD

The BFG 6800 GT OC has a fairly sizeable single slot heatsink. It dominates the middle of the card, has two fans and is pretty weighty. It keeps the idle temps on mine around 56 C and the load temps around 65 C.

Well then I need just to find some BFG donnor :)

MD

I'm using the stock cooler on my xfx 6800gt, only with the evga copper heatsink, as5 on the core and ceramique on the ram, and it idles 55c, load ~70c, maybe a little higher.

Temps aren't my problem but noise is. Hence I need good cooler in single slot version but also low noise cooler.

MD

Another excellent single slot option is using the stock setup, and upgrading the GPU heatsink with the eVGA Copper GT heatsink. Install that with some Arctic Silver 5, and replace those thermal pads on the memory heatsink with some Arctic Ceramique and you are in business. I did that with my GT and as you can see my overclocks have made the mod well worthwhile - all for under $35 in materials. And yes, it still only occupies one slot. :)

MD said:
Temps aren't my problem but noise is
MD

If that's the case you won't beat a two slot cooler. Anywho eVGA stock coolers aren't bad for stock coolers that is. Check them out...

Anyone knows where can I get eVGA copper HS?

I've just seen it on eVga web page it costs 15$. Still it would be nice to have quieter fan to. Mine is much louder then whole system :(

MD

Well if I would WC then I would go with http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=64&cat=18&page=1

:)

Though I want My SFF Air cooled, light and quiet. I use it as LAN Party mashine as well so it needsto be bulletproof. I have Shuttle XPC SN95G5 with 3000+ and 6800GT and 1GB Corsair RAM. When I have had shortly 5900 in there was no noise. With GT system got noisy specialy in 3D.

That's why I search for cooler that makes less noise.
I've allready used Silencer and Zalman 700cu on other systems and it's all I want but then in single slot solution :(

eVga copper HS is realy cool but used with same fan has less sin. There is a option to use copper sink and run fan thru regulator (rheostat or something else) and temps would not rise much and it would be less noisy. Still bigger fan turning slower would have better effect.
It seams new MSI GT card has ATi look a like HSF and it seams to have bigger fan to. Also it's full copper HS hence good cooling potential. Though I don't see MSI selling it separatly :(

MD

Back