6800 Ultra Newegg

Nomad said:
Does it look like it comes with a rock in the last picture?

I don't know if it's been said yet, but that is a monitor cleaner posing as a hacky sack.

edit: beet N

Holy freakin hell ! SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS and not even ONE game bundled in the package --- I just don't see how they think they're going to move these off the shelf.... or why someone would spend that much money on it -- I'm all for staying with the latest gen stuff, but come on - $600???

jhtevans said:
Holy freakin hell ! SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS and not even ONE game bundled in the package --- I just don't see how they think they're going to move these off the shelf.... or why someone would spend that much money on it -- I'm all for staying with the latest gen stuff, but come on - $600???

Because most people think that they get what they pay for.

sonyman said:
Free FedEx Saver shipping :p .

Scott

what are you talking about ?

I like fedex saver shipping because I'm a patient asshole and I can wat over a week for some random item to come to my house.

Mushroom Prince said:
what are you talking about ?

I like fedex saver shipping because I'm a patient asshole and I can wat over a week for some random item to come to my house.

Call me crazy but I think he is pointing out the irony of free shipping.......in hand with a over priced vid card. Call me crazy.....
:D

Just preorder the 6800U at best buy for $499, forget the price gouging business. Better yet get the 6800GT at best buy for $399, cause you aren't going to see a significant real life difference in games between the two, especially when you can overclock the GT to Ultra levels and they have the same architecture/pipeline configuration.

Blackwind said:
Call me crazy but I think he is pointing out the irony of free shipping.......in hand with a over priced vid card. Call me crazy.....
:D

Newegg should give free overnight shipping on products such as video cards that cost over $500.

burningrave101 said:
Newegg should give free overnight shipping on products such as video cards that cost over $500.

Not to get off topic here..Newegg has for a very long time offered Free FedEx Saver Shipping....it's not just this card or any other. Heck, order a 30 dollar cd burner and you can get it.

Shipping aside .....Newegg has the cards in stock ( or had) so they are offering them at a higher then usual price. Fair, no-fair, price gouging.....call it whatever....fact is they have them in stock....if you want one you pay the piper or you wait....easy. :D When I bought my Ti500 years ago for 400 dollars I swore then ......never again. I had finally reached my graphic needs -vs- want ceiling. I swore then I would never again pay over 400 for a card.....and I don't plan on breaking that promise to myself anytime soon.... ;)

even for Free FedEx Saver Shipping....hehehehehe

For that kinda coin, I expect a dry martini and a foot massage from an attractive, young buxom Denise Richards look-a-like who gives the world's greatest he...........lping of mashed potatoes. :cool:

Hey, people are buying the P4 EE CPU's for what? $1k+? If people wouldn't buy 'em at those prices, then they wouldn't charge an arm and a leg and a pancreas and several vertabrae and a......

At this price, this card better do my dishes and have TWO coats of wax on my Maxima by the time I get home from the Red Sox game that nVidia just ponied up the skybox tix for!! :eek:

Damn, for that price I feel bad about getting a BFG from Bestbuy for $499. A full $100 less and free shipping. lol

StArWaRrIoR said:
Damn, for that price I feel bad about getting a BFG from Bestbuy for $499. A full $100 less and free shipping. lol

Not, a full $100. You had to pay tax.

For some people like me, buying a card for $500 retail just doesnt make sesnse. My tax is almost 10%, and for $500, it would add on almost another $50. Making the $600 not that far from the store bought price.

Still, $600 is just too much, especially when other cards can be had for much less.

Wowzers! Did you pick it up yet or is it on order? What kind of system do you have? I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers you're getting in various setttings! *droolage*

For the love of God and everything that's holy, when the H is Doom3 gonna drop? How long are they gonna make us wait? That is the only reason I haven't taken the first step towards building a new system from scratch. The money's there, but it ain't much good without the two games I'd really like to see streaming across the screen. *shrugs*

Blackwind said:
When I bought my Ti500 years ago for 400 dollars I swore then ......never again. I had finally reached my graphic needs -vs- want ceiling. I swore then I would never again pay over 400 for a card.....and I don't plan on breaking that promise to myself anytime soon.... ;)

I said the same thing to myself when I bought a Diamond Viper 770 (TNT2 chipset) for $185 back when 200 dollars was obscene for a vid card (even though the TNT2 was the latest greatest thing).

so far so good... im very tempted to get a 6800 tho... ugh, must, resist, benchmarks, ugh...

Momental said:
Wowzers! Did you pick it up yet or is it on order? What kind of system do you have? I'd be interested to see what kind of numbers you're getting in various setttings! *droolage*

For the love of God and everything that's holy, when the H is Doom3 gonna drop? How long are they gonna make us wait? That is the only reason I haven't taken the first step towards building a new system from scratch. The money's there, but it ain't much good without the two games I'd really like to see streaming across the screen. *shrugs*

Doom3 is officially coming out 8/3. It's on sale at amazon.com for $50 ($55 elsewhere)

Anyone else think that ati/nvidia have some kind of inside deal with valve/id to keep pushing back thier release dates? ;) the longer they keep us in suspense the more expensive upgrades us gamer/enthusiasts make.... which card will kick more ass in games that dont even exisst

Vermicious Knid said:
Anyone else think that ati/nvidia have some kind of inside deal with valve/id to keep pushing back thier release dates? ;) the longer they keep us in suspense the more expensive upgrades us gamer/enthusiasts make.... which card will kick more ass in games that dont even exisst

Not to hop on any kind of conspiratorial bandwagon, but I think it's safe to assume that certain "understandings" have been reached between the two developers in question (ie iD and Valve) to keep the release of these newest cards from debuting on a large scale long before or after these two titles appear. I mean, let's face it, who's waiting for 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 8' or 'Ashley and Mary Kate on Safari'?

ATi and nVidia have most definitely done a little shifting, shall we say, with the developers of arguably the two most awaited titles in what? 2 to 3 years? Either that or it's one heck of a co-inky-dink that the newest mainstream and enthusiast cards are landing upon store shelves in roughly the same window as Doom3 and H/L2 are ready to roll. But, that's just my opinion and I could be way off base here.

In any event, it's a win-win scenario for hardware manufacturers as well as game developers to A.)Have the hottest pieces of hardware equipped to play these graphics-intensive beasts and conversely, B.)Have these two incredible games ready to hit the street just about the same time the cards that are able to display them vividly are available. If nothing else, the logic seems to follow. I think there's more going on behind the scenes than we give ourselves credit for. Either way, we get to have that cake and eat it whole. :D

Momental said:
Not to hop on any kind of conspiratorial bandwagon, but I think it's safe to assume that certain "understandings" have been reached between the two developers in question (ie iD and Valve) to keep the release of these newest cards from debuting on a large scale long before or after these two titles appear. I mean, let's face it, who's waiting for 'Rollercoaster Tycoon 8' or 'Ashley and Mary Kate on Safari'?

ATi and nVidia have most definitely done a little shifting, shall we say, with the developers of arguably the two most awaited titles in what? 2 to 3 years? Either that or it's one heck of a co-inky-dink that the newest mainstream and enthusiast cards are landing upon store shelves in roughly the same window as Doom3 and H/L2 are ready to roll. But, that's just my opinion and I could be way off base here.

In any event, it's a win-win scenario for hardware manufacturers as well as game developers to A.)Have the hottest pieces of hardware equipped to play these graphics-intensive beasts and conversely, B.)Have these two incredible games ready to hit the street just about the same time the cards that are able to display them vividly are available. If nothing else, the logic seems to follow. I think there's more going on behind the scenes than we give ourselves credit for. Either way, we get to have that cake and eat it whole. :D

I can't believe you said "co-inky-dink". :eek:

I never thought id see Newegg Price Gouge that bad, its a shame, that card is only good for overheating your system and cooking smores anyway.

sorry but, i'm too lazy to read all the posts here, but what fucking idiot would spend $600 on a $500 card?

If people have the money, let them spend it.

Keeps the rest of us with jobs :)

Danny

Kinda like the bum on the street corner. People keep giving him money even though he doesn't want to work, so he comes back day after day for more. He knows there is always someone who will give him money.

fallguy said:
Not, a full $100. You had to pay tax.

For some people like me, buying a card for $500 retail just doesnt make sesnse. My tax is almost 10%, and for $500, it would add on almost another $50. Making the $600 not that far from the store bought price.

Still, $600 is just too much, especially when other cards can be had for much less.

$22 worth, but no shipping fees. Much less than what most places are demanding for it. I will not ever pay over the MSRP for any computer component. If I have to wait, I'll wait but it's just not worth it to me to overpay.

Edit: w00t! Finally left the status of Gawd.

merlin704 said:
ahahhaha! On a side note, I was thinking the same thing about this game/card release date, "maybe I'll be able to buy my GT by the time DOOM comes out' lol

ya ya, not a paper release I know, but until it's at Best buy or something where I can drive down and pick it up it's a paper release to me (I want the financing/0 interest deal).

oozish said:
ahahhaha! On a side note, I was thinking the same thing about this game/card release date, "maybe I'll be able to buy my GT by the time DOOM comes out' lol

ya ya, not a paper release I know, but until it's at Best buy or something where I can drive down and pick it up it's a paper release to me (I want the financing/0 interest deal).

The GT's ship at the end of next week. You'll have one LONG before you ever get ahold of a copy of Doom 3.

merlin704 said:

He-he I know just when to throw out the really "big" words. Impresses 'em every time..... ;) The ladies also love an extensive and highly-developed vocabulary. "Back off, Ladies. There's plenty of Momental to go around...." :D

Momental said:
He-he I know just when to throw out the really "big" words. Impresses 'em every time..... ;) The ladies also love an extensive and highly-developed vocabulary. "Back off, Ladies. There's plenty of Momental to go around...." :D

All three inches of his "co-icky-dink self.....i dont think that many women like those big words..... especially the blonds......its like jibberish to em :D .....Co-icky-dink wont get u laid even if you had a gold plated member that vibrates....

Back