6800GT and Rome Total War = Total lockup

particle9

Weaksauce
It's me, particle9, back with another game that completely locks up and quits to desktop. Not surprisingly it's another Activision game...
Not heat related. Fresh driver install using both 61.77 and 65.31. Game quits to desktop near end of Prologue battle, or on World View map after prologue battle completion. Side band addressing is on, fast writes are disabled. NO overclock despite what my sig says. Any suggestions? I also have run a registry cleaning utility that can not find any problems (anymore :) ).
Call of Duty is now running pretty well with any driver (perhaps only the first level was having problems?). So anyone with any ideas can offer them... otherwise I will be doing a fresh system install tonight or tommorow night and will post if for some reason that helps anything. I will also be testing my RAM tonight for any problems.

Please post any problems/solutions with regard to quitting to desktop or freezing in Rome: Total War.

No problems here.... but my case is cooled very well (20 centrigrade, literally - open side panel), 6800gt is 47/28 idle (on air, stock hsf)

Back