6800nu unlocking

As far as anyone knows, which brand of 6800nu (AGP) is getting the most luck with unlocking the extra pipes? any hep would be appreciated, on kinda a tight budget after setting up my WC, so I's trying to hit as much research as I can. Tks.

AMD xp3k+
DFI Lanparty NF II ultra B
1 gig pc3200 (2x512 dual chanel)
ATI Radeon 9600xt

It seems the most popular is the BFG version. I also think it is because of the number of BFG cards sold. The lifetime warranty and factory OC are the main selling points. The fact that most of them unlock successfully is just a bonus.

I think that proportionally, all of them unlock comparably. If any given manufacturer asked NV for chips that unlocked more consistently, NV would most likely charge the board maker more for that batch, resulting in a more expensive card to the end user, which is unlikely.

It also depends on the type of programs that are used. I remember reading on the guru3d.com forums that people who had artifacts when unlocking pipelines with RivaTuner 15.2 could successfully unlock the pipelines with RivaTuner 15.3 RC.

INeedAName said:
It also depends on the type of programs that are used. I remember reading on the guru3d.com forums that people who had artifacts when unlocking pipelines with RivaTuner 15.2 could successfully unlock the pipelines with RivaTuner 15.3 RC.

Yeah, people who were unsucessful with Rivatuner 15.2 and tried with the newer version had a much better success rate.
I had a BFG 6800 OC at 395/815 w/ Rivatuner 15.2 before instability set in.

Back