680i / E6600 refuses to POST. (Urgent help needed)

pugsley1218

Limp Gawd
Also, it gives no beep code. Are there diagnostic lights on this board? The manual doesn't help much.

doesnt that board have the little LED code thing at the bottom? the manual should say what all the codes mean.

also, make sure you have pushed your 8800's into their slots very firmly. get them seated and give them a few extra firm pushes, even if it doenst feel like its doing anything. i have had issues with my system not POSTing with my 8800 and evga 680i board unless I do this.

doesnt that board have the little LED code thing at the bottom? the manual should say what all the codes mean.

also, make sure you have pushed your 8800's into their slots very firmly. get them seated and give them a few extra firm pushes, even if it doenst feel like its doing anything. i have had issues with my system not POSTing with my 8800 and evga 680i board unless I do this.

I couldn't find anything in the manual about diagnostic lights.

the little led screen at the bottom will have two dashes, "--" if it's not posting, if you get that try removing the button cell battery and replacing it.

Probably worth trying a new cmos battery as advised.. and you should try using one stick of ram at a time, and switch them around and see if you get anything...

Try swapping your ram around... fried ram will cause non-postage every time......

Probably worth trying a new cmos battery as advised.. and you should try using one stick of ram at a time, and switch them around and see if you get anything...

Believe me, I tried every possible combination, that was first thing I thought of >_<

Is it maybe a ram compatibility issue? The ram is compatible with that board though isn't it? It seems like I've tried everything now...

Looks like a problematic TR revision of that board. RMA it for a T1 revision.

You could try re-seating the CPU before RMA'ing it... but I'd just RMA it, since that revision has been known to have problems.

You could try re-seating the CPU before RMA'ing it... but I'd just RMA it, since that revision has been known to have problems.

WOOOOOO! WE HAVE POST! WE HAVE POST! Just did it, and it didn't seem like it was in there the way. Posted with no problems now ;:) yay

WOOOOOO! WE HAVE POST! WE HAVE POST! Just did it, and it didn't seem like it was in there the way. Posted with no problems now ;:) yay

Congrats! hm... the TR revision isn't the one that killed RAM, is it? hehe, in any case, I hope your system stays stable. Good luck with it!

p.s. i'd still rma it :p for the A1 revision.

Congrats! hm... the TR revision isn't the one that killed RAM, is it? hehe, in any case, I hope your system stays stable. Good luck with it!

p.s. i'd still rma it :p for the A1 revision.

Can't RMA TR/AR's for anything anymore. They're sold as SE boards -- NF63 vs. NF68. You could step up to a T1/A1, but you'd be paying the difference between what you paid for the TR and the MSRP of a T1/A1.

There is nothing wrong with TR's that isn't fixed by BIOS updates so long as you aren't running a quad core. TR/AR's will not OC quads due to an internal timing issue with the early revision 680i's they use when running a quad. They OC duals just fine, and do not kill RAM. RAM was being killed by idiots running 2.5+ vdimm, and that will degrade RAM on /any/ board.

Back