680i EVGA Board won't Post

Guys,

I have a question, having my board RMA'd but wanted to make sure. I'm putting together the system listed in my sig and had everything together. Turned on the power and got 2 dashes in the digital readout. I did notice on the EVGA board that I got that when you open the cpu cover on the board all the pins were symetrical except for a few, which I thought looked bent or pushed. I"m thinking that is why the board won't post.

I did the following:

Took the board out of chassis and powered up, same 2 dashes
Took all the components out and powered up, same 2 dashes
Seated and Reseated my QX6700 about 5 times making sure it fits in the notches.

Finally called EVGA and they are sending me out another board.

Let me know if I could try anything else.

Thanks,

DC

If you have bent pins, that's probably your problem...not making contact with the CPU.

I would like to point you to the EVGA official motherboard forums...Heres a link
http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26

Notice all the complaints? People going as far as to make petitions against EVGA, 6 page post of their new BIOS problems, countless countless problems. Goodluck bro, Im giving my EVGA 680i the boot, I was stupid and should have gone with ABit, a brand I have experience in trusting :(. Whatever, Im taking a hit to my wallet but its time for me to draw the line.

I have seen the "double dash" problem twice on various forums. I believe the troubleshooting result from both instances resulted in an RMA.

Bent pins too, yikes. I wouldn't hesitate to replace it. Did the board have the socket cover in place when you opened it ?

Yeah, I believe it is the bent pins. EVGA has a new board on the way to me, should be here tomorrow.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Back