$69.99 2TB HDDs at Amazon

I have had 3 of the Seagate drives in an unRAID server for the past 18 months and have not run into any issues. The drives aren't on 24/7 but do work pretty hard for a few hours when I perform the occasional parity check.

The only thing I can say is that I remember reviewers on NewEgg saying the drives appear to very sensitive to the quality of your 12v rail. I use a Corsair TX-750 and have not had any issues.

after all the problems I had with my 1.5tb seagate drives, I'll pass on this.

not a bad deal but with the way the prices are coming down on HDDS might as well wait one year and buy a 4TB HDD for $50

The Samsung F4 2TB was $79 yesterday, should have snagged it. Thinking of getting the Deskstar now, I'll never buy another Seagate.

The Hitachi says it will ship within 1 to 3 weeks! Why does Amazon do that crap? I tried buying a Creative Labs Titanium HD sound card from them this past Friday. It was only $139 but the shipping time was 2 to 5 weeks so I canceled it. I checked today and that sound card is now $169 but it's in stock and ready to ship..UGG

The Hitachi says it will ship within 1 to 3 weeks! Why does Amazon do that crap? I tried buying a Creative Labs Titanium HD sound card from them this past Friday. It was only $139 but the shipping time was 2 to 5 weeks so I canceled it. I checked today and that sound card is now $169 but it's in stock and ready to ship..UGG

You should have waited, Amazon gets backlogged and projects a late delivery date to give themselves time to restock. I've had some Amazon orders backlogged for 2-3 weeks and get them the same week.

and I like those buisness models rather then the "oh sorry we ran out it'll be next month but thx for your money's!" ones.

I guess if you're in a hurry, 2 to 3 weeks to ship takes a lot of the hotness out of the deal but I'm in no big hurry this time around so I don't mind waiting.

You should have waited, Amazon gets backlogged and projects a late delivery date to give themselves time to restock. I've had some Amazon orders backlogged for 2-3 weeks and get them the same week.

That makes sense. As the old saying goes, over-promise and under-deliver. :)

I have a question about when Amazon is OoS, if you order when the product is OoS at for example $200 and then it's back in stock at $300, do you get to pay $200 or $300?

EDIT: Thank you PhatalOne for answering my question :).

Last edited:
That makes sense. As the old saying goes, over-promise and under-deliver. :)

I have a question about when Amazon is OoS, if you order when the product is OoS at for example $200 and then it's back in stock at $300, do you get to pay $200 or $300?

If you placed your order at $200 you will be charged $200 when they get the item back in stock.

Well I contacted Amazon today and explained how I was upset about the problems I had ordering the Titanium HD card and having to cancel because I thought that it wouldn't ship for 2 to 3 weeks. Amazon is letting me order the card today for $139 even though the card is now $169! YAY! I now love me some Amazon!

Is that customer satisfaction? lol, I kid. I've used amazon a lot more the past year because of the free priming shipping deals.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I ordered this initially, but ended up balking at the long shipping estimate. Picked up the Samsung for $5 more. 3 days is better than 3 weeks, and worth that $5.

Wow, hot price but I cannot seem to find it.

Is the deal dead or not? I really want to upgrade my HDDs before this deal dies

Both drives are still at $69.99 as of this morning. The Hitachi though defaults to a supplier besides Amazon since Amazon is back ordered. To get the $69.99 on the Hitachi you have to select Amazon.com as the supplier.

I bit for 3 Hitachis. The price just can't be beat right now.

Amazon Prime FTW. I used to go straight to the Egg for all my parts, but their shipping has gone a little insane.

I've been waiting for a 2Tb low-power drive to hit this price range... to upgrade the HTPC.
But, I missed this deal the last time. I didnt fret too bad 'cause I was broke anyway. LOL

This time I have some $$ in my account. thanks OP! :)

I read that the Hitachi's come in 2 different versions and the one with the blue pcb is much better. Anyone ordered these drives recently or have an idea which one we can expect? I guess Amazon is going to fulfil these orders from a new batch anyway.

The drives that I ordered before they went out of stock are going to be arriving today, I'll post which ones I get. Though I'm not too sure about much better, they're better but I don't think it's a significant difference (last I checked)

I read that the Hitachi's come in 2 different versions and the one with the blue pcb is much better. Anyone ordered these drives recently or have an idea which one we can expect? I guess Amazon is going to fulfil these orders from a new batch anyway.

I got 5 from the last deal from Amazon about 2 weeks ago. They are a blue/greenish pcb. Pic/link below, forgive the quality.. at work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22799706@N05/5532291525/

Just got this in email for anyone who might be interested. Seems some stock came in:

"Hitachi Deskstar 2 TB 3.5-Inch CoolSpin RPM SATA III 6Gbps 32 MB Cache Internal Hard Drive 0F12117"
Previous estimated arrival date: March 30 2011 - April 06 2011
New estimated arrival date: March 22 2011 - March 23 2011"

Back