7.1 Front Left Speaker problem

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys...This problems just appeared after using this sound card( X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series) and those 7.1 Creative speakers for 2+ years...Everything was fine...

Now when I play a song using WMP, Real Player, iTunes, Youtube, or even a game, the left speaker doesn't work fine, it doesn't put out all the sounds it's supposed to, it has some buzzing and it's not playing some sounds.

I tried switching the speakers(left and right) and the problem wasn't with the speaker, I used the right speaker on the left slot and the problem is still there...That means the speakers are fine...

I tried re-seating the sound card, and there was no sound, I re-seated it again and there was sound once again... :S

When I turn off the CMSS-3D, the speakers works just fine even at low volume, I usually have it On @ surround @ 75% and 25% @ front.

Now what could be the problem? The sound card? The codecs? Drviers?

EDIT: Something I noticed, the higher volume, the better the speaker would be; if I go on high volume the speaker works fine, when it's on low volume, it starts to buzz and do crazy stuff...

Please help this thing kills me everyday -_-

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
which Creative 7.1? (they made a few different sets)

just to confirm, you're saying when playing stereo back, its ok on front L/R?

some thoughts:
may be the connector on the amp unit
may be a driver/setting fumble, hit reset in your X-Fi drivers and take everything back to factory, if that doesn't do it, re-install the drivers

when you say higher volume, do you mean higher volume from the X-Fi CP, or from the speaker's control pod?

Sorry for the lack of info.

The set is the Creative Inspire T7700.

The Front left speaker doesn't work as it's supposed to...Now I've found something new(that applies to all of the speakers when they're plugged in the Front Left speaker jack)...When I hit the speaker, it works fine, and when the sound of the song\game goes low it stops working again...

So, ALL the speakers are fine, but when any of them is plugged in the Front Left speaker jack it doesn't work as it's supposed to...

As for your thoughts:

I tried re-installing the drivers. I did reset to factory.

The volume in the CP is always 100%, I meant from the speaker's control pod.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of info.

The set is the Creative Inspire T7700.

The Front left speaker doesn't work as it's supposed to...Now I've found something new(that appeals to all of the speakers when they're plugged in the Front Left speaker jack)...When I hit the speaker, it works fine, and when the sound of the song\game goes low it stops working again...

So, ALL the speakers are fine, but when any of them is plugged in the Front Left speaker jack it doesn't work as it's supposed to...

As for your thoughts:

I tried re-installing the drivers. I did reset to factory.

The volume in the CP is always 100%, I meant from the speaker's control pod.

"applies"
and check the physical connector on the amp/sub box, may be damaged

"applies"
and check the physical connector on the amp/sub box, may be damaged

Yep, I was writing in a hurry and I wrote that by accident...Sorry

And from what I see, the connector seems to be fine...

Yep, I was writing in a hurry and I wrote that by accident...Sorry

And from what I see, the connector seems to be fine...

eh, well if you're so inclined, I'd open the thing up, see if wiring on the inside is screwed up

I would also suggest testing either these speakers on another PC (if you hook them up via 5.1 that'll be fine) or different speakers on your PC, see if you can't localize the issue somewhat better

Back