7 PS3 launch titles up for preorder - $59.99

Shit... and I thought the 360's launch was lackluster. :(

I hope Warhawk makes it to the launch window.. or I guess I'm going to hold off on a PS3 until it or another really good game drops.

The18thLetter said:
I hope Warhawk makes it to the launch window.. or I guess I'm going to hold off on a PS3 until it or another really good game drops.

With the amount of consoles available I doubt worrying which launch title to get will be a problem for most! :D

The18thLetter said:
Shit... and I thought the 360's launch was lackluster. :(
predicted launch titles..
Mahjong Taikai (JPN)
Fatal Inertia (there are reports that this has been delayed from being a day one title, but SCEJ has it down for '2006 (projected)')
Bladestorm: Hundred Years War (was listed as 06 before, now simply 'TBD', probably will slip)
Motorstorm
Genji: Days of the Blade
Resistance: Fall of Man
Formula One Championship Edition (JPN only?)
Gran Turismo HD
NBA 07
Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight
Ridge Racer 7
Armored Core 4 (JPN)
Call of Duty 3
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Madden NFL 07
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Need For Speed Carbon
NBA Live 07
EA Fight Night Round 3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Sonic The Hedgehog
World Pool Championship 2007
Miyazato San Kyoudai Naizou Sega Golf Club (JPN)
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
College Hoops 2K7
NBA 2K7
NHL 2K7
F.E.A.R.
MahJong Fight Club Online (JPN)
Enchant Arm (JPN only?)
Railfan (JPN)
The18thLetter said:
warhawk has been delayed till summer 07
but heres a gameplay vid while you wait lol...
http://playsyde.com/news_3541_en.html

They better not release a new twisted metal or I shall cry for the lack of probably never having a ps3 :(

highly doubt GT HD will be a launch title, considering how long polyphony took to make GT4... unless GT HD will be GT4 with 1080p... then that sucks! at least make more cars on one track, 6 is just unexceptable in a racing sim.

Oh4Sh0 said:
They better not release a new twisted metal or I shall cry for the lack of probably never having a ps3 :(
The Twisted Metal series is the only reason I will buy a PS3. Even then, I still won't buy a PS3 until the $599 console drops to $399 or less.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
highly doubt GT HD will be a launch title, considering how long polyphony took to make GT4... unless GT HD will be GT4 with 1080p... then that sucks! at least make more cars on one track, 6 is just unexceptable in a racing sim.
Think which method would make the most profit and require the least amount of work. Then, think what company we're talking about here. There's your answer.

finalgt said:
Think which method would make the most profit and require the least amount of work. Then, think what company we're talking about here. There's your answer.
Yeah I just read the preview and it is GT4 running at 1080p and a little sharper.

zero002021 said:
The Twisted Metal series is the only reason I will buy a PS3. Even then, I still won't buy a PS3 until the $599 console drops to $399 or less.

Precisely. Twisted Metal Black was friggin awesome. Add Gran turismo HD and thats probably the extent of my purchases. Definitely waiting until gen 3-4 comes out before I buy.

Side note - I find it funny a sega release title is now a Sony release title (Sonic)

Arkanian said:
Yeah I just read the preview and it is GT4 running at 1080p and a little sharper.

guess ill just wait for GT5.. because if i remember correctly, dont the PS3 upscale all PS2 and PS1 games to HD? (besides, GT4 can already do 1080i)

well you are also looking at better textures, better lighting, probably an up in the mapping, as well as possibly getting new tracks

GTHD has two modes, one is basically GT4 in HD while the other is GT 4.5 which basically is a preview of whats to come with GT5. The cars will be new models aswell as all the tracks being remade from the ground up to take advantage of the PS3... and it will include collision damage.

Reason for GT HD is that Polyphony is claming about over a month just to create a single car and we all know that they love to include over 500 cars in their games so GT5 is gonna be in development for awhile (they never rush the series).

Yeah you're right. Not a launch title per say, but its supposed to be a early december title. So I guess you could call it 'launch window'.

the PS3 upscale all PS2 and PS1 games to HD

assuming thats true, i hope that looks nice.. i wouldnt mind playin a few old games

zero002021 said:
I wouldn't hold my breath on a TM title just yet... seeing as how Incog is currently working on Warhawk, and I'm sure a next-gen God of War next.

Although, I'd LOVE to see a PS3 Twisted Metal.... -drools

We wont be seeing a twisted metal probably for a while, david jaffe and incognito are working on a untitled launch window ps3 game (that is not TM) and warhawk. But who knows, they could be working on a third title. ;)

Crap games but at least it might stop people whining about the price of Ps3 games. Or at least stop spreading FUD about PS3 games costing $90 each and taking a bit of your soul every time you run them. Or something.

Fatal Inertia
Motor Storm
Sonic
Genji
Full Auto 2: Battle Lines

.........all look impressive, but first, they need to prove themselves on the battlefield.

Jaffe said that his next work for the Ps3 (in progress and slated for january 2007) will be short, fun and action oriented, and will have elements from Twisted metal and Bomberman...

:confused:

I'm curious now!
He also said something like shorter, fun and cheaper games.
Who knows

EDIT: Link (portuguese)here

you can add oblivion to that list (not a direct port, a lot new content), confirmed for launch from radiopm.

That list of games looks brutal. PS2's original launch lineup was brutal too but back then Sony had the massive hype machine going so it didn't matter. This time?...

Back