7600gt temps

mark660

Limp Gawd
hi i have a gigabyte 7600gt and its been runing a bit hotter than it normal.it normaly hits about 57c under load but now its gettin up to about 66c do u think if i take the heat sinks off and re apply some new thermal grease it will help temps much?and what thermal paste should i use?

hi i have a gigabyte 7600gt and its been runing a bit hotter than it normal.it normaly hits about 57c under load but now its gettin up to about 66c do u think if i take the heat sinks off and re apply some new thermal grease it will help temps much?and what thermal paste should i use?

Not the 9 C difference with new termal paste. 3 things are causing your increase in temps:

1. Change in your ambient room temp.
2. Driver change. (certain drivers can read temps differently)
3. Fan failure

that almost ALWAYS happens to nvidia cards, I have no idea why. I don't change anything in my room no door opened or fan on or whatever, outside temps are same but everytime I get a nvidia card temp rises after like 2 weeks or use. Happened with my
7800gt, 7900gt, and 7900gto. Reapplying thermal paste helps sometimes since the stock one is crap.

that almost ALWAYS happens to nvidia cards, I have no idea why. I don't change anything in my room no door opened or fan on or whatever, outside temps are same but everytime I get a nvidia card temp rises after like 2 weeks or use. Happened with my
7800gt, 7900gt, and 7900gto. Reapplying thermal paste helps sometimes since the stock one is crap.

I have never had this happen before. The only changes not related to the environment (ambient temp/fan failures) I have seen are ones created by a driver change.

Some drivers can report temps 2-3 C higher. You arent living in a desert are you?

Back